Services contributed 55.64% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (34.86%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow by 10.1% and 9.4%, respectively, in 2018.
UAE is expected to spend US$300 bn on development of infrastructure by 2030.
- The Emirates of Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah are among the best performing regions in the UAE. They contribute 91.8% to the GDP and comprise 76.7% of the UAE’s population, as of 2017
- The UK remained the major investor in the UAE, in 2016, with a growth of 25.86% in investments from 2015. During the same period, investments from China and Qatar to the UAE increased by 33.41% and 22.62%, respectively.
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.