The global market for Card-Based Access Control Systems is projected to exceed US$3.0 billion by 2024, driven by the rising demand for sophisticated security systems for physical and logical access control applications in government and enterprise environments. Few of the benefits of card based systems driving their adoption worldwide include elimination of the need to remember passwords and numerical PINs; higher memory capacity of smartcards and more secure reading and writing of data; higher levels of security and safety against data breaches; and ability to double up as an ID card and reduced need to carry multiple cards. Additionally, these systems have the capability of monitoring, screening and managing the flow of individuals and restricting their unauthorized access with minimal staff and high efficiency. The United States represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific ranks as the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 9.9% over the analysis period driven by factors such as growing economies; development of the enterprise sector and the resulting rise in the number of small, medium and large businesses and growing base of corporate workforce; rise in the number of theft, vandalism and unauthorized access to restricted areas and spaces; rapid urbanization, construction of smart homes and the resulting demand for residential access control systems; and surge in National/Civil ID projects to meet the huge unmet identification and verification needs.
Summary of Findings
- Contactless Smart Cards for Access Control Grow in Popularity for their Single Most Important Benefit of Convenience and Ease of Authentication
- Encryption and the Resulting Safe RF Data Transmission Between Cards and the Readers Drives the Reliability of Smart Cards for Access Control
- Regulatory Security Mandates Drive Adoption of Card Based Electronic Access Control Systems (EACS) in the Government and Private Sectors
- Expanding Applications in Time and Attendance; Equipment and Material Check-out; and Authorized Access to Office Equipment to Benefit Market Growth
- Smart Card Biometrics Involving the Use of Smart Cards as a Convenient Vehicle to Deploy Biometrics Implementations to Spur Growth Opportunities
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Traditional Cards, and Smart Cards
- ADT LLC
- Allegion plc
- ASSA ABLOY AB
- Axis Communications AB
- Bosch Security Systems
- DoorKing, Inc.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.