"Insurance Company Profile: Bupa", provides a comprehensive review of the company, covering its structure, its UK performance, and its marketing and distribution strategy. The profile also covers activities around insurtech and digitalization, and provides a full SWOT analysis examining Bupa’s strengths and weaknesses, the opportunities it can capitalize on, and the threats it will face going forward.
Bupa is the UK’s largest health insurer. It offers health insurance and runs clinics, dental centers, hospitals, care homes, and retirement villages. The company serves around 27.1 million customers across 13 countries, with approximately 86,000 employees globally. The insurance business serves around 16.5 million customers across the world, including 2.4 million in the UK.
- Bupa is focusing on strengthening its market position in existing markets, as well as expanding into adjacent business lines such as dental. It will continue to expand into new geographies selectively, mainly in Asia and Latin America.
- In the UK, Bupa is focusing on digital transformation and product innovation. It launched initiatives such as a breast and bowel cancer self-referral service, providing its customers with faster access to diagnosis without the need for a GP referral.
- In 2016, Bupa introduced an expanded cataract network to address shortfalls in ophthalmology.
Reasons To Buy
- Learn about Bupa’s organizational structure and its core business segments.
- Gain insight into its strategy and its move to adopt digitization.
- Understand the group’s advertising strategy.