The increasing sophistication level of cyber-attacks is expected to drive the growth of the Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) market
The Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) market size is expected to grow from USD 736.0 million in 2017 to USD 2,398.5 million by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 26.7% during the forecast period. Major drivers of the DAST market include the increasing degree of business risks due to application vulnerabilities, stringent government regulations, increasing sophistication level of cyber-attacks, and growing adoption of third-party applications.
DAST services segment is expected to grow at a higher rate during the forecast period
DAST services refer to the assistance and solutions provided by the DAST security vendors. These services assist organizations in planning, implementing, integrating, and monitoring the application security environment using the industry-defined best practices.
Mobile application security is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
Mobile application security refers to the security approach used to protect the mobile applications running on devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Third-party applications can have a substantial impact on cybersecurity, vulnerable with threats at the same time as augment business processes.
Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
As per the regional analysis, the DAST market in APAC is expected to witness the fastest growth. Due to the rapid growth of web and mobile applications in the region, the need to protect these applications from vulnerabilities is a major concern. It is expected to drive the demand for DAST solutions, which identify security gaps in the application code and reduce risks.
The break-up profiles of the primary discussion participants are given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (45%), Tier 2 (30%), and Tier 3 (25%)
- By Designation: C-Level (45%), Director Level (35%), and Manager Level (20%)
- By Region: North America (50%), APAC (10%), Europe (25%), and RoW (15%)
The following key DAST market vendors are profiled in the report:
Accenture (Republic of Ireland), IBM (US), Micro Focus (UK), Veracode (US), Synopsys (US), Pradeo (France), Rapid7 (US), Tieto (Finland), Trustwave (US), and WhiteHat Security (US).
The global DAST market has been segmented by type, application, deployment mode, vertical, organization size, and region. A detailed analysis of the regions has been done to provide insights into the potential future business opportunities across major regions. In addition to this, the strength of service portfolio and business strategy excellence are some of the other MarketsandMarkets analysis included in the report.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in the DAST market in the following ways:
- The report segments the DAST market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments across different regions.
- The report helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- The report helps the stakeholders understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the market.