“The controlled-release fertilizers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.29% during the forecast period”
The controlled-release fertilizers market is estimated at USD 1.56 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 6.29% from 2017, to reach USD 2.12 billion by 2022. This market has been gaining prominence among farmers to improve the agricultural yield and curb excessive nutrient application. Factors such as growing demand for high efficiency fertilizers and increasing awareness about the environmental concerns associated with excessive fertilizer use across the world are projected to drive the controlled-release fertilizers market. However, factors such as the high cost of polymer coatings for coated & encapsulated fertilizers and the low adoption rate of technology in developing markets affect the growth of the controlled-release fertilizers market.
“Fruits & vegetables segment to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
On the basis of crop type, the fruits & vegetables segment is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The increasing cultivated areas under fruits & vegetables in regions of North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe are projected to drive the application of controlled-release fertilizers in fruits and vegetables for improving the yield.
“Fertigation segment, by application method, led the market in 2016”
On the basis of application method, the fertigation segment dominated the market in 2016, in terms of value and volume, due to the rising area under irrigation across the globe and benefits associated with fertigation such as uniform application, reduced labor, and higher application rate for larger fields, which are also projected to drive the fertigation method of application.
“Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region in the controlled-release fertilizers market between 2017 and 2022. The Asia Pacific region has been experiencing significant demand for controlled-release fertilizers due to the need to undertake efforts to minimize the environmental concerns associated with nutrient losses. There has been an increasing consumption of coated fertilizers seen in countries such as Japan and China, while the consumption of stabilizers has been increasing in the developing countries of the region. These have been subsequently driving the growth of the controlled-release fertilizers market.
The controlled-release fertilizers market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I – 45 %, Tier II – 30%, and Tier III – 25%
- By Designation: C level – 55%, D level – 30%, and Others – 15%
- By Region: Europe – 15%, Americas – 20%, Asia Pacific – 40%, and RoW – 25%
The market is dominated by key players such as Agrium (Canada), Yara (Norway), ICL (Israel), ScottsMiracle-Gro (US), Kingenta (China), SQM (Chile), Haifa Chemicals (Israel), Koch Industries (US), AGLUKON (Germany), COMPO EXPERT (Germany), Helena Chemical (US), and JCAM AGRI (Japan).
- This study estimates the global controlled-release fertilizers market, in terms of value and volume, till 2022, segmented on the basis of type, crop type, application method, and region.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as expansions, acquisitions, new product developments, and agreements to gain a larger share of the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and the key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value and volume, and future trends in the controlled-release fertilizers market.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?supply chain analysis, competitive landscape mapping, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the controlled-release fertilizers market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on controlled-release fertilizers offered by the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and growth strategies in the controlled-release fertilizers market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets?the report analyzes the agricultural markets for controlled-release fertilizers across various regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the controlled-release fertilizers market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the controlled-release fertilizers market.