Life Insurance Global Industry Almanac 2017
Global Life Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the global life insurance market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends and leading companies.
- The value of the life insurance market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes from mortality protection and retirement savings plans. All currency conversions have been calculated using constant 2016 annual average exchange rates. The insurance market depends on a variety of economic and non-economic factors and future performance is difficult to predict. The forecast given in this report is not based on a complex economic model, but is intended as a rough guide to the direction in which the market is likely to move.
- The global life insurance market had total gross written premiums of $2,563bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4% between 2012 and 2016.
- The life insurance segment was the market’s most lucrative in 2016, with total gross written premiums of $1,685.4bn, equivalent to 65.8% of the market’s overall value.
- Unlike most other global markets, the pension/annuity segment dominates in the US. This is primarily due to the dominance of the private sector as far as pension and insurance in the US are concerned.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global life insurance market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global life insurance market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key life insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global life insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global life insurance market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the global life insurance market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global life insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global life insurance market?