Global power boilers market registered a market value of over $16 Billion in the year 2016. The Asia-Pacific region was the largest market for power boilers during the year 2016 registering approximately 90% of the global market share. It was followed by Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) with around 9% and the Americas with approximately 1%. In terms of market volume, the global power boiler market witnessed 77.3 gigawatts (GW) in 2016 and is projected to decline and reach around 60 GW by 2021.
Asia-Pacific region witnessed 70 GW in 2016 and is projected to reach around 52 GW by 2021. During the year 2016, China was identified as the top country for the power boilers market in terms of both shipment capacity and market value in the Asia-Pacific region, followed by India, Vietnam, Korea, and Indonesia. In 2016, in terms of market value, China held over 49% of the Asia-Pacific market share and is expected to continue to hold its leading position at the end of the forecast period. It is estimated to hold over 42% of the regional market share in 2021.
EMEA region is estimated to hold an aggregate capacity of around 37 GW between 2017 and 2021. During the year 2016, Turkey was the top country in the region representing $413m. Countries such as Poland and Turkey intend to add new coal-based capacity as a part of their national power development plans. However, lack of investment and environmental permit issues for coal-fired plants have delayed some of the projects coming online which has resulted in an expected decline in the market value in the region.
Americas market was valued at around $155m in 2016 and is estimated to reach $99m in 2021. Power generation from coal-fired plants in the US has shown a decreasing trend, as the majorities of coal-fired plants in the US are aging and consequently have a low capacity factor. In addition, greater concerns regarding carbon emissions and stringent regulations regarding environmental protection are expected to result in the further decline of coal-based power generation in the region.
China held the leading position largely due to the low cost of power boilers and is thus emerging as the fastest-growing market for power boilers. However, China is now starting to reduce its dependence on thermal power plants and is investing more in alternative sources of energy.
The report "Steam Generators for Thermal, Update 2017 - Global Market Size, Competitive Landscape, Key Country Analysis, and Forecast to 2021", offers comprehensive information and understanding of the global steam generators market. The report analyzes the current trend and future potential of Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) and power boilers market at global, regional (Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa) and key countries (the US, India, China, Republic of Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, the UK, Germany, Turkey, and South Africa) level.
Furthermore, this report analyzes the steam generators market in terms of value and volume, classified by various capacity segments for the historical (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2021) periods with specific focus on HRSGs and power boilers market. The report provides insight into the drivers and restraints affecting the steam generators market, competitive landscape, key projects, key tenders and contracts, and recent deals.
Companies mentioned in this report: Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems Ltd, GE Power, Nooter/EriksenInc, Vogt Power International Inc., Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction Co., Ltd., Thermax Ltd, EnergoMashinostroitelny Alliance, CMI SA, Dongfang Electric Corporation Limited, Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, Harbin Electric Company Limited, Shanghai Electric Group Company Ltd., Amec Foster Wheeler Plc, Babcock & Wilcox Beijing Company Ltd., BGR Energy Systems Limited.
The report analyzes the steam generators for Thermal market. Its scope includes -
- Analysis of the growth of steam generators market with a focus on HRSGs and power boilers market value in global and regional level including Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, and Middle East and Africa.
- The report provides steam generators market analysis for key countries including the US, India, China, Republic of Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, the UK, Germany, Turkey, and South Africa.
- The report offers country level HRSGs and power boilers market value and volume, classified by capacity segment, for the historical (2011-2016) and forecast (2017-2021) periods.
- Qualitative analysis of key market drivers and restraints and analysis of their impacts on steam generators market at regional level are discussed.
- The report provides competitive landscape at country level for the year 2016. It also covers key projects, key tenders and contracts, and recent deals.
Reasons To Buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to -
- Facilitate decision-making by analyzing market data on steam generators
- Develop strategies based on developments in the steam generators market
- Identify key partners and business-development avenues, based on an understanding of the movements of the major competitors in the steam generators market
- Respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategies, and prospects