“Increased demand from the electrical & electronics industry is driving the polycarbonate films market, globally”
The global polycarbonate films market is estimated at USD 1.10 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 1.52 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.6% between 2017 and 2022. Increasing demand for polycarbonate films from the electrical & electronics industry is the major driver for the growth of the polycarbonate films market. In the electrical & electronics industry, polycarbonate films are widely used for various applications such as LCDs in consumer electronics, in PCB, control panel overlays, and membrane switches. Hence the growing electrical & electronics industry is expected to drive the demand for polycarbonate films.
“The optical polycarbonate films market is projected to register the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022”
The optical polycarbonate films market is projected to register the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022. This is attributed to the increased use of optical polycarbonate films in electrical & electronics industry. These films are optically clear and have good light transmission properties. These properties make these films preferred in the display and lighting applications in consumer electronics and other electronic products. The growth is further boosted by the increasing growth of the electrical & electronics industry, globally.
“The polycarbonate films market in APAC is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
APAC is the largest polycarbonate films market, globally. China is the most dominant market in the region. The market in APAC is projected to register the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022 due to the ongoing rapid economic expansion in the region. In addition, rapid development in the electronics industry is driving the demand for polycarbonate films in the consumer electronics application in the region.
This study has been validated through primary interviews conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into three categories on the basis of company type, designation, and region.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 42%, Tier 2 – 33%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C-Level – 30%, Director Level – 30%, and Others – 40%
- By Region: North America – 10%, APAC – 60%, and Europe – 30%
The report also includes company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major market players, such as SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Covestro (Germany), Teijin Limited (Japan), 3M Company (US), Suzhou Omay Optical Materials (China), and Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company (Japan) to strengthen their position in the polycarbonate films market.
This research report categorizes the polycarbonate films market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region. It forecasts revenue growth and includes an analysis of the trends in each of the submarkets. These segments have been further described in detail in the report. The value and volume forecasts for these segments have also been provided in the report till 2022. The report also includes company profiles and competitive strategies that have been adopted by the major players operating in the polycarbonate films market.
Reasons To buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking of the top players, and company profiles. These insights together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the polycarbonate films market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the formulations of polycarbonate films offered by the top market players.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the emerging technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the polycarbonate films market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative, emerging markets as the report analyzes the polycarbonate films market across different regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the polycarbonate films market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the polycarbonate films market.