The medical image analytics is the science of solving and analyzing medical problems based on different imaging modalities such mammography, MRI, computed tomography (CT) and ultrasound, radiography X-Ray and combined modality, among others. Further, the primary purpose of medical image analysis is the extraction of meaningful information to support disease diagnosis and therapy.
The software plays a vital role in medical image analytics. It is a program designed to perform specific task. It helps in analytics and interpretation of large volume of medical data and images. A very vital function that medical software performs after the image has been acquired in digital form is the analysis of the acquired image to extract medically or clinically relevant information for diagnosis and treatment planning. Software capable of performing these functions are known as medical image analytics software. These software can be a general purpose or designed for a specific medical application. The general purpose software can perform regular image processing application like segmentation, contouring and thresholding to make the region of interest more prominent and obvious as compared to the surrounding regions.
However, the medical image analytics software for specific applications are designed to perform detailed analysis of specific organs or organ systems as per the requirements of medical diagnosis. Such applications have been developed for cardiovascular system including the heart, for central and peripheral nervous system including the brain, for orthopedic and musculoskeletal systems, for nephrology, oncology and many other medical fields.
This research study includes an extensive analysis of the global medical image analytics market, by product, imaging modalities, application, end-user and geographical regions, allowing the researcher to develop a comprehensive outlook of the market. Each of these segments have been analyzed on the basis of their current and future market size, considering the macro and micro environmental factors.
The market report presents a detailed and investigative study of the entire market and provides a comprehensive insight into various forms of developments, trends and the key market participants. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this dynamic market, the report also provides a comprehensive section on competitive landscape, market share analysis, competitive benchmarking, and the position of the competitors within the global medical image analytics market.
The following key questions have been addressed in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities of the global medical image analytics market?
- How the medical image analytics evolve and what is its scope in the future?
- What were the market shares of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global medical image analytics market in 2016 and what will be the shares in 2025?
- How will each segment of the global medical image analytics market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2025?
- How the market share of the leading companies changed in 2016 and which country will lead the market in 2017?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period between 2017 and 2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- How the market has been segmented on the basis of product, imaging modality, application, end-user and region?
- Which product, imaging modality, application and end-user will dominate the global medical image analytics market by the end of the forecast period and which one will be growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2017-2025?
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period? Which is the leading segment by product, imaging modality, application, end-user and region?
- Who are the key players for the medical image analytics market?
- Which geographical region will lead the global medical image analytics market by the end of the forecast period?
- Which country is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
The key players which have significant contributions to the medical image analytics market are Siemens Healthineers, GE Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Toshiba Medical Corporation, Agfa Healthcare, Infinitt Healthcare, Media Cybernetics, MIM Software Inc., Philips Healthcare, Carestream Health, Aquilab, Hologic Inc., Neusoft Medical, Mirada Medical Ltd. and Dentsply Sirona, among others.