The rising concerns regarding the global problem of traffic congestion, especially in the urban areas, and the changing consumer behavior towards better in-dash features are the primary factors driving the demand for the automotive navigation systems. The market for navigation systems has been undergoing constant developments ever since the setting up of the Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites around the Earth’s orbit. The market caught significant traction in the late 90s and start of the 21st century due to the introduction of portable navigation systems. The demand for the portable navigation systems surged, especially in the aftermarket where varied economical options were available to the consumers. The market for in-dash navigation systems has seen significant changes as well. The feature which was available as a part of the high-end infotainment systems offered in luxury vehicles in the past has found its place in the entry-level, and mid-range vehicles as well. The automotive navigation systems market, in terms of value, generated $20,953 million in the year 2016, and is expected to grow at a robust rate over the forecast period 2017-2021. The research study is a compilation of various segmentations including the market breakdown by device type, by vehicle type, by distribution channel, and geographical regions, including an in-depth country analysis.
The report provides a detailed market analysis and forecast with respect to the various device types used for automotive navigation, including in-dash navigation, portable navigation devices (PNDs), and smartphone based navigation applications.
The report addresses the following key questions about the global automotive navigation systems market:
- What the market size of the global automotive navigation systems is in terms of value, and volume from 2017-2021?
- Which device type is dominating the global automotive navigation systems market in terms of value, and volume?
- What will be the revenue generated by the different distribution channels in the global automotive navigation systems market from 2017-2021?
- Which region in the global automotive navigation systems market is expected to grow at the fastest rate from 2017-2021?
- What are the different factors driving the market forward during the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of the global automotive navigation systems market?
- Which type of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
The report also includes an exhaustive analysis of the market on the basis of several geographical regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Each geographical region analysis details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that particular region.
The report examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry as well. The company profiles section includes the highlights of significant information about the key companies involved, along with their financial positions, key strategies and developmental activities of the recent years (2015-2017), and the SWOT analysis of these players. Some of the key players in the automotive navigation systems market are Alpine Electronics Inc. (Japan), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Clarion Corporation (Japan), Delphi Automotive PLC (the U.K), Denso Corporation (Japan), Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (Japan), HERE Technologies (the Netherlands), Fujitsu Ten (Japan), and Garmin Ltd. (the US).