The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The small satellites market has witnessed a high growth rate owing to the advancements in satellite miniaturization, increasing capability of electronic technology, ascending demand for small satellite constellations, and increase in the deployment of small satellites for commercial end users. Recent innovations in small satellite subsystems have enabled them to reach a wider segment of consumers in the satellite industry. The companies are developing relatively low-cost small satellites, i.e., small satellites, which facilitate services almost equivalent to the traditional big satellites that serve government agencies or public sector industries. This, in effect, is expected to increase competition in the near future as well as facilitate the utilization of small satellites for varied applications. Increasing market penetration of small satellites into disaster management - an emerging small satellite application, nations developing their own Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), advancements in small satellite structure, and rise in the requirement of cost effective launching sites for small launch vehicles are the major factors which are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market in the next five years. In terms of revenue, the small satellites market generated $2,528.1 million in the year 2016.
Following points provide a concrete description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- What was the size, in terms of revenue and volume, of the small satellites market in 2016, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2021?
- What is the market size of different types of small satellites, including femto, pico, nano, micro, and mini?
- What was the market value of different subsystems of small satellites in 2016? What are the technological advancements and opportunities for the stakeholders for different subsystems?
- What is the market analysis of the end users of small satellites such as academic, government, defense, non-profit organization, and commercial, including IT & telecommunication, agriculture, oil & gas, and mining?
- What is the market analysis of the end users of small satellites, on the basis of different applications, including communication, Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance (ISR), earth observation & remote sensing, academic research & space exploration, navigation, and technology demonstration?
- What is the market size of small satellites on the basis of different geographical regions and respective leading nations? Furthermore, what is the market size of different end users of small satellites operating in these regions?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the small satellites market, across different regions and respective countries?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand of small satellites during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global small satellites market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the small satellites market by analyzing through competitive benchmarking model?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the market by analyzing through Porter’s Five Forces model?
- The report also provides industry insights through patent analysis, value chain model, product and pricing analysis as well as details about emerging companies ( startups) in the small satellites market
- Additionally, detailed analysis and profiling of the key market players have been covered in the report. Furthermore, the Company Profiles section covers the business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, SWOT analysis and future programs (if any) of the 15 leading players in the market