“Larger vehicle parc and increased average vehicle miles traveled globally to trigger the demand for transmission repair market”
The transmission repair market is projected to reach a market size of USD 233.70 billion by 2022 from USD 199.16 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 3.25% from 2017 to 2022. Increasing vehicle parc, the growth of ride sharing, and an increase in average vehicle miles traveled are the key factors driving the growth of the transmission repair market. On the other hand, the increasing sales of electric vehicles can hinder the growth of the transmission repair market.
“The fluids segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment”
The fluids segment is estimated to be the fastest growing segment of the transmission general repair market, in terms of value. The adoption of preventive/periodic maintenance services for transmission is expected to drive the fluids market during the forecast period. The increase in oil consumption in advanced transmission and focus on better quality oil are driving the growth of this segment. The average fluid consumption is 5 to 7 quarts. The OE companies are focusing on high-quality oil for increasing transmission efficiency and also to reduce the frequent change of oil in transmission.
“Passenger car segment is estimated to be the largest segment of the transmission repair market”
The transmission repair market for passenger cars is estimated to be the largest and fastest growing market during the forecast period. Larger vehicle parc of passenger cars globally is leading to the growing demand for transmission repair services for passenger cars. In addition, the growth of the transmission repair market for passenger cars can be attributed to the growth of ride sharing services in developed as well as developing markets.
“North America is estimated to be the largest market in terms of volume and value”
North America is estimated to hold the largest share of the transmission repair market in 2017. The market growth in North America can be attributed to the larger vehicle parc and increased sales of light commercial vehicles in the region.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from transmission manufacturers to component manufacturers, transmission experts and transmission repair shops.
The break–up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier I–39%, Tier II–38% and OEMs–23%
- By Designation: C Level–56%, D Level–28% and Others–16%
- By Region: North America-42%, Europe-29%, Asia Pacific-24%, RoW-5%
Players profiled in the report are:
• Schaeffler (Germany)
• Allison (US)
• BorgWarner (US)
• ZF (Germany)
• Continental (Germany)
• Mister Transmission (Canada)
• AAMCO (US)
• Lee Myles Autocare & Transmission (US)
• Cottman Transmission (US)
• Firestone Complete Auto Care (US)
The report segments the transmission repair market by component (Gasket and seals, filter, transmission filter, O-rings, axle, flywheel, gears, clutch plate, pressure plate, and oil pumps), repair (general repair and overhaul repair), vehicle type, and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW). The report also explains the market drivers, opportunities, challenges, threats, technologies, type of transmission repair, competitive landscape, and new product developments in the transmission industry.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights into the following points:
- Market Penetration: The report provides comprehensive information about transmission general repair and transmission overhaul.
- Regulatory Framework: The report gives detailed insights into regulations in the transmission repair industry and the effect of the upcoming technologies in the market.
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about various transmission repair trends. It analyzes the market for transmission repair across different countries.
- Market Diversification: The report provides exhaustive information about emerging technologies, recent developments, and investments in the transmission repair market.
- Competitive Assessment: The report gives an in-depth assessment of strategies, services, and aftermarket support of leading players in the transmission repair market.