The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Success Case Study: Sir Kensington’s - An innovative artisanal start-up disrupting the condiment space
"Success Case Study: Sir Kensington’s", is part of GlobalData’s Successes and Failures research. It examines the details of and reasons behind Sir Kensington’s success in the US. It delivers the critical "what?", "why?", and "so what?" analysis to teach you crucial lessons that increase your chances of launching successful products as well as avoiding potential risks.
Sir Kensington’s is a successful condiments brand from New York claiming to offer high-quality, natural, and organic condiments in both exotic and traditional flavors. The brand focuses on providing unique, ethical, and authentic condiments that are non-GMO and vegan to differentiate itself from traditional condiment brands. This is appealing to increasingly health-conscious consumers, who have a negative viewed of condiments as being overly processed and "artificial." The brand highlights how innovation and product reformulation are increasingly important to keep consumers interested and engaged. The brand’s recent purchase by Unilever highlights its success and long-term potential to grow and further disrupt the American condiments market.
- Almost three quarters of US consumers believe that artificial additives and preservatives are harmful to their health as of 2016.
- 53% of US consumers consider "real ingredients" to make a product seem more authentic to them.
- 35% of US consumers said that natural ingredients would make them more likely to choose one brand over another, as of 2017.
Reasons To Buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.