Seed Treatment Market Size by Type (Chemical and Biological), by Formulation (Liquid Form and Dry Form), by Application Technique (Coating, Dressing, and Pelleting), and by Crop Type (Cereals and Grains, Oilseeds, and Other Crops) – Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast To 2022
Global seed treatment market is expected to reach USD 4,566.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
In order to fulfill the food demand of growing population, advanced productive agricultural materials are required. Over the last several decades, there have been tremendous efforts to improve agricultural yields through various new technologies. Seed treatment refers to the application of chemical or biological product to the seed prior to sowing in order to suppress, control or repel pathogens, insects, and other pests that attack seeds, seedling or plants.
The global seed treatment market is mainly driven by factors such as its low cost, growing need to increase crop yield and quality, wide range of benefits of seed treatment, reduction of arable land, and reduced risk of exceeding minimum residue level. However, stringent government regulations hamper the growth of this market to some extent.
The global seed treatment market is mainly segmented by type (chemical and biological), by formulation (liquid form and dry form), by application techniques (coating, dressing, and pelleting), and by crop type (cereals & grains, oilseeds, and other crops). The cereals & grains market is further segmented into corn, wheat, and other cereals & grains; whereas, oilseeds crops are further segmented into soybean, cotton, and canola.
Geographically, the global seed treatment market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. These regions are further analyzed at a country level with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis. North America is likely to remain the leading revenue generator in the global seed treatment market in 2016, followed by Latin America and Europe. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to show fastest growth during the forecast period.
The report also includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments such as agreements, collaborations, partnerships, new product launches, acquisitions, and expansions by the leading market participants in the industry over the past 3 years (2014-2017). The study has also incorporated the detailed profiles of 12 top market players across the value chain of the industry, including detailed financial performance, product offerings, and strategic growth initiatives of each player.
The key players operating in the global seed treatment market are Bayer CropScience AG, BASF SE, Syngenta (Subsidiary of ChemChina), FMC corporation, Monsanto Company (Part of Bayer), E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Nufarm Limited, The Dow Chemical Company, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd, Arysta LifeScience Corporation (Platform Specialty Products), ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd, UPL Limited, Croda International Plc, and Tagros Chemicals India Ltd.
Key questions answered in the report-
Growing cereals & grains production to drive the adoption of seed Treatment
- How does the adoption of seed treatment in cereals & grains differ from the adoption in oilseeds?
- What impact does this have on the adoption of seed treatment in comparison to other crops?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of formulation, application techniques, and regions/countries for cereals & grains?
Coating application technique dominates the seed treatment market
- How does the penetration of coating application differ from other application techniques?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of crop type, formulation, and regions/countries?
The Asia Pacific and Latin American seed treatment market favors both larger and local manufacturers that compete in multiple segments
- What are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- What is driving growth and which market segments have the most potential for revenue expansion over the forecast period?
- What strategies should new companies looking to enter this market use to compete effectively?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent agreements, partnerships & collaborations, and acquisitions have taken place in the seed treatment space
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the seed treatment space?
- What companies have created partnerships, collaborations and how will these partnerships or collaborations promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global seed treatment market and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the local emerging players and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the Report
Market by Type
Market by Formulation
Market by Application Techniques
Market by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Other Cereals
- Other Crops
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa