Increasing global concerns regarding the negative effect of climate change along with alarming pollution levels recorded in the major cities have created a demand for electric vehicles. A major factor behind the growth of electric vehicles is the support provided by various governmental agencies to encourage the sale of these vehicles. Furthermore, the well-established road infrastructure network has further aided the market for these vehicles, with charging points available more frequently on the civilian roads. Today, electric vehicles have transformed from an experimental mode of vehicle to a necessity, with automakers worldwide putting in efforts to make EVs available in all the economic ranges. This is evident from the meteoric rise in its sales over the last five years, with over 2 million electric vehicles on the road at present, as compared to a few thousands back in 2012. With number of initiatives and product developments taking place, it won’t be long before EVs occupy a significant share of the global automotive market. The market in terms of volume is estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 28.3% over the period of 2017 to 2026. The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by propulsion type, component type, vehicle type, and different geographical regions.
The report provides a detailed market analysis and forecast with respect to different propulsion types in the electric vehicles market which are Battery Electric Vehicle and Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV). On the basis of component, the electric vehicles market is segmented into battery, motor, and regenerative brake. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed study of the different vehicles that are analyzed, which include passenger and commercial vehicles.
The report addresses the following key questions about the global electric vehicles market:
- What is the global electric vehicles market size in terms of volume in the period 2017-2026?
- Which is the dominant propulsion type by volume for the global electric vehicles market?
- Which is the dominant vehicle by propulsion type in terms of volume in 2016?
- What is the revenue generated by the different components in the global electric vehicles market in the period 2017-2026?
- What is the revenue generated by the different components for different propulsion type in the global electric vehicles market in the period 2017-2026?
- Which vehicle type will lead by volume in the global electric vehicles market by the end of the forecast period?
- What are the different factors driving the market forward in the forecast period?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of global electric vehicles market?
- Which type of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global electric vehicles market by the end of the forecast period?
The report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America (the U.S and Canada), Europe (Germany, the U.K, France, Netherlands, and Norway), and Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, and South Korea). Analysis of each of the geographical regions details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that particular region.
The report examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry. The company profiles section includes highlights of significant information about the key companies involved, along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities of recent years (2014-2017). Some of the key players are Tesla Inc. (U.S.), BYD Company Limited (China), Volkswagen AG (Germany), Nissan Motor Corporation (Japan), and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (Japan). EV components manufacturers such as Samsung SDI (South Korea), Automotive Energy Supply Corporation (Japan), LG Chem. (South Korea), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), and Continental AG (Germany).