Greek Savory Snacks sector accounted for a volume share of 0.38% of the global market and 2.8% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021. Growth of the Savory Snacks sector in Greece can be attributed to changing lifestyles due to busy lives, as a result of which consumers seek for quick and easy snacking options.Per capita consumption stood at 4.08kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 2.22kg and 3.81kg, respectively, in 2016.
Potato Chips market was the largest by value sales in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 6.6% during 2016-2021 compared to Pretzels, Nuts and Seeds, Meat Snacks, Ethnic/Traditional Snacks (4.2%), Processed Snacks (3.9%), and Popcorn (3.5%).Health & Wellness attributes such as ’Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ’Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Greek Savory Snacks sector.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel, accounting for a total value share of 58.5% in 2016. It was followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists. Top five brands in the Greek Savory Snacks sector accounted for a value share of 23.1% in 2016, while private label products represented 26.7% share of the value sales in the same year.
The report "Country Profile: Savory Snacks Sector in Greece", provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts and Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels, and Processed Snacks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Carton, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Bottle, Jar and Stand Up Pouch.
Companies mentioned in this report:PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, NUTCO S.A, Chipita S.A., Ohonos Snack SA, The Kellogg Company, MelissokomikiSinergasiaKritis SA, Tyrogaridakia Extra, Pami S.A., H Vamvalis Foods SA, Mondelez International, Inc, American Snack Co.
- The per capita consumption of Savory Snacks is higher in Greece compared to the global and regional levels
- Potato Chips market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores
- Lay`s represented the leading brand in the Greek Savory Snacks sector
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Greek Savory Snacks sector
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.