Global market for maritime and border security is expected to be worth around US$21 Billion in 2017 and is expected to increase to nearly US$30 Billion by 2027, representing a CAGR of around 3.3% during the forecast period. Cumulatively, the global market for maritime and border security is projected to value around US$270 Billion during the forecast period, and is expected to be dominated by Asia Pacific, followed by North America and Europe.
Asia Pacific region accounts for the highest expenditure in the homeland security sector as emerging economies, such as India and China execute extensive modernization programs for their respective maritime and border security forces owing to a number of issues such as territorial conflicts and terrorism.
During 2017-2027, Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global maritime and border security market with cumulative expenditure of about US$112 Billion. The spending in the region will be largely driven by the ongoing and planned future procurement programs of China, India, South Korea, Australia and Japan, among others, which comprises a large majority of the region’s overall investment on the sector. The region is estimated to account for a share of over 41% of the overall maritime and border security market over the forecast period.
India remains the pivotal country in terms of border disputes in the Asia Pacific. Traditional rivalry with Pakistan and impact of recurrent terrorist activities emerging from the latter has compelled India to invest heavily in border infrastructure and surveillance. Similarly, territorial disputes with China along the Himalayan ranges have also resulted in increased investments by the Indian Government in the recent years. Moreover, persistent impact of immigrants from Bangladesh and Myanmar has raised internal security concerns among the law enforcement forces in the country, leading the Government to establish border fences and improved surveillance capabilities along the borders.
The report “Global Maritime and Border Security Market 2017-2027” offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for maritime and border security equipment, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, this provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: Snapshot of the maritime and border security market during 2017-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the maritime and border security market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the maritime and border security market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the maritime and border security market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region
- Trend Analysis - Key Defense Market: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the maritime and border security segments expected to be in demand in each region
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period
- Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global maritime and border security industry. it provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Elbit Systems Ltd., FLIR Systems Inc., Saab AB, BAE Systems plc, Lockheed Martin Corporation, The Boeing Company, Leonardo S.p.A., L3 Technologies, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Rolls Royce, Raytheon Company, Airbus Helicopters, Bell Helicopter.
- The global maritime and border security market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.38% over the forecast period.
- The market consists of four categories: Maritime Surveillance and Detection, Border Surveillance and Detection, Border Infrastructure and Protection, Maritime Infrastructure and Protection. It is expected to be dominated by the Maritime Surveillance and Detection, followed by Border Surveillance and Detection.
- The Asia Pacific region is forecasted to dominate the sector with a share of 41.5%, followed by the North America market, which is dominated by the US market. Russia, UK and Turkey to account for major market share in the European region.
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global maritime and border security market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different maritime and border security segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global maritime and border security market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global maritime and border security market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top maritime and border security providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available