The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
“The polyisobutylene market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2017 to 2022 in terms of value.”
The polyisobutylene market is projected to grow from USD 2.16 billion in 2017 to USD 2.78 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2017 to 2022. The major drivers fueling the growth of the polyisobutylene market include increasing use of polyisobutylene in the transportation and construction end-use industries across the globe. The risk of spilling of polyisobutylene is the major factor restraining the growth of the polyisobutylene market across the globe.
“The transportation end-use industry of the polyisobutylene market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
The transportation end-use industry segment accounted for the largest share of the polyisobutylene market in 2016. This segment of the market is also projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the transportation end-use industry segment of the polyisobutylene market can be attributed to the increased demand for polyisobutylene from the transportation industry as it offers low moisture absorption, low gas permeability, and high resistance to chemicals and heat. Moreover, polyisobutylene is preferably used in automobiles as it improves the viscosity index of gear oils and acts as a thickener in greases and smoke suppressants in 2-stroke oils. Polyisobutylene in the form of rubber is used for developing inner liners, treads, and sidewalls of tires, which enhance the fuel efficiency of vehicles.
“The Asia Pacific polyisobutylene market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2022.”
The Asia Pacific polyisobutylene market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2022. The growth of the Asia Pacific polyisobutylene market can be attributed to the increasing demand for polyisobutylene from the construction and transportation end-use industries of the region. The increasing demand for polyisobutylene from emerging economies such as China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia, among others makes the Asia Pacific region one of the lucrative markets for manufacturers of polyisobutylene.
This study has been validated through primaries conducted with various industry experts, globally. These primary sources have been divided into the following three categories:
- By company type - Tier 1-35%, Tier 2-25%, and Tier 3-40%
- By designation - C-Level Executives-30%, Director Level-25%, and Others- 45%
- By region - North America- 30%, Asia Pacific- 30%, Europe- 25%, the Middle East & Africa- 10%, and Latin America- 5%
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of companies listed below:
• Lanxess AG (Germany)
• BASF (Germany)
• Daelim (South Korea)
• Reliance Industries (India)
• TPC Group (US)
• ExxonMobil (US)
• Lubrizol Corporation (US)
• INEOS (UK)
• Nizhnekamskneftekhim (Russia)
• Sibur (Russia)
This report covers the polyisobutylene market and forecasts its market size till 2022. The report includes the market segmentation based on product (C-PIB and HR-PIB), molecular weight (low molecular weight polyisobutylene, medium molecular weight polyisobutylene, and high molecular weight polyisobutylene), application (tires, lube additives, fuel additives, 2-stroke engines, industrial lubes & others, adhesives & sealants), end-use industry (transportation, industrial, food, and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and Latin America). The Porter’s five forces analysis along with the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges have also been discussed in this report on the polyisobutylene market. In addition, it provides company profiles and competitive strategies adopted by the major players of the polyisobutylene market.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report is expected to help market leaders/new entrants in the polyisobutylene market in the following ways:
- This report comprehensively segments the polyisobutylene market and provides the closest approximation of revenues for the overall market and its subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with the information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the polyisobutylene market.
- This report is expected to help stakeholders understand their competitors and gain insights about the market to enhance the position of their businesses.
- The competitive landscape section includes information on joint ventures, agreements, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions undertaken by the leading players in the polyisobutylene market.