After a sustained period of reducing oil prices optimism is returning to the sector with recent oil price increases stimulating project investment led by the US and the Americas. Cost cutting and efficiency improvements in production have created lower break even points suited to lower oil prices.
The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights based on 1,326 oil and gas projects tracked by CIC across the globe.
The report provides detailed metrics on global and the regions’oil and gas construction projects (as tracked by CIC) split by country, type eg pipeline, refinery, etc, stage and value. Detailed metrics are also provided for the top 10 countries.
Timetric’s Construction Intelligence Center (CIC) is currently tracking oil and gas construction projects globally with a total value of US$4.0 trillion. Of this, US$1.45 trillion is in the execution stage.
The Americas accounts for the highest value with US$1.28 trillion, followed by Asia-Pacific with projects valuing US$1.23 trillion, the Middle East and Africa has oil and gas projects with a value of US$1.11 trillion, while Europe’s pipeline is valued at US$382.7 billion.
Globally, refinery buildings is the highest value category with a value of US$1.27 trillion followed by production facilities with US$1.23 trillion. The largest projects are the US$80.0 billion Libra Offshore Field Development in Brazil and the US$70.0 billion Power of Siberia Gas Fields and Transmission System Development in Russia.
The report provides analysis based on CIC projects showing total project values for Global markets and the regions giving analysis by stage and funding for the top ten countries.
The top 50 projects are listed for the region giving country, stage, value and cu mt per day capacity if known.
Values by six types of project categories are given, e.g. refinery buildings and pipelines.
Ranked listings of the top participants for the sector are also provided for the regions showing the leading contractors, consulting engineers and project owners.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insight into main drivers of activity and forecasts for the global oil and gas construction sector.
- Assess all major projects by value, start date, scope and stage of development globally and for the regions and top 10 countries to support business development activities.
- Plan campaigns by region and country based on specific project opportunities and align resources to the most attractive markets.
- The highest value of projects are at the execution stage, with US$1.45 trillion, followed by projects at the planning stage with US$1.23 billion.
- Canada leads the global project pipeline, with projects valued at US$532.9 billion, followed by the US with US$405.7 billion.
- Private investment is responsible for the funding of the highest proportion of projects, with 56%, with joint public and private funding at 27% and the remaining 11% of projects financed solely by public funding.
- Assuming all projects tracked go ahead as planned, annual spending would reach US$819.9 billion in 2019.