“The agricultural fumigants market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.10%”
The global agricultural fumigants market is estimated at USD 1.59 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 1.94 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.10%. The agricultural fumigants market is driven by the increasing quality and safety concerns about the agricultural produce among consumers, growing focus on increasing agricultural production, and inclination toward post-harvest losses. Increasing tolerance to several fumigants and ban on certain fumigants have been considered as the restraining factors for the market.
“Chloropicrin is projected to be the fastest-growing product type for agricultural fumigants during the forecast period”
One of the major drivers for the growth of the chloropicrin segment is contributed by its broad-spectrum activity against a wide range of pests ranging from nematodes, weed seeds, insects, bacteria, and soil-borne fungus diseases. It is increasingly used as a soil agricultural fumigant which has led to the growing demand for chloropicrin agricultural fumigants for better crop production and reduced post-harvest losses. Also, the restricted use of fumigants such as methyl bromide due to the phasing out of this fumigant in several countries has further supported the growth of chloropicrin in the agricultural fumigants market.
“Fruits & vegetables is projected to be the fastest-growing crop type for agricultural fumigants during the forecast period”
One of the drivers for the growth of the fruits & vegetables segment is the increasing focus on the protection of fresh fruit from pest infestation during its export and import. Also, fumigation of such perishable produce is of prime importance to meet its increased demand, globally. The increased demand for fruits & vegetables further supports the growth of the agricultural fumigants market.
“Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing region for agricultural fumigants during the forecast period”
The Asia Pacific agricultural fumigants market is led by the increasing number of applications of major agricultural fumigants for cereals and grains and for other stored agricultural commodities such as corn, pulses, wheat, rice, and soybean. The increasing demand for food arising from unprecedented economic growth in highly populated emerging economies such as China and India over the past decade has fueled the growth of the agricultural fumigants market.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type – Tier 1- 40%, Tier 2- 20%, Tier 3- 40%
- By Designation – C level- 20%, Directors- 40%, Others*- 40%
- By Region – North America - 19%, Europe- 12%, Asia-Pacific- 56%, RoW- 13%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
Leading players profiled in this report are as follows:
• BASF SE (BASF) (Germany)
• Syngenta AG (Syngenta) (Switzerland)
• ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (ADAMA) (Israel)
• The Dow Chemical Company (Dow Chemicals) (US)
• FMC Corporation (FMC) (US)
• United Phosphorus Limited (UPL) (India)
• Degesch America, Inc. (Degesch) (US)
• Nufarm Limited (Nufarm) (Australia)
• American Vanguard Corporation (American Vanguard) (US)
• Nippon Chemical Industrial CO., LTD (Nippon) (Japan)
• Arkema Group (Arkema) (US)
• Rentokil Initial plc. (Rentokil) (UK)
The agricultural fumigants market has been segmented on the basis of product type, crop type, application, pest control method, and region which are further divided into their subsegments. On the basis of region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). In terms of insights, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses industry analysis, company profiles of top players, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging & high-growth segments of the agricultural fumigants market, high-growth regions, countries, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the global agricultural fumigants market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and key strategies adopted by the players
- To gain insights about country- and region-based market trends and growth prospects in the agricultural fumigants market