Global Next Generation Sequencing Informatics Market(NGS Informatics Market) Size by Product & Services (NGS Informatics Services, Data Analysis and Management Tools, Primary and Secondary Data Analysis Tools, and Data Interpretation and Reporting Tools), by Function (Biological Interpretation, Experimental Design, Sequencing, Data Management, and Primary Analysis), by Application, (Biomarker Discovery, Precision Medicine, Diagnostics, Drug Discovery, and Differential Gene Expression) by End User (Academics and Research Institutes, Biopharmaceuticals Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Government Agencies, and Hospitals & Clinics) – Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast (2017- 2022)
Global NGS informatics Market is expected to reach USD 1,305.1 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 22.1% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022. The global NGS informatics market is mainly driven by ther educed cost of DNA sequencing with the use of NGS informatics, various government initiatives, rising clinical applications, substitution of Microarray technology by NGS, continuous innovation & developments in technology, and increasing investments and funding for life sciences, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology research. Further, increasing prevalence of cancer diseases and drastically reduced mass scale genetic testing cost provides significant opportunities in this market. However, lack of accuracy & standardization, ethical challenges, and reduced grants and funding from government in various countries obstruct the growth of the market to some extent.
The global NGS informatics market is mainly segmented by product & services (NGS informatics services, data analysis and management tools, primary and secondary data analysis tools, and data interpretation &reporting tools), by function (biological interpretation, experimental design, sequencing, data management, and primary analysis), by application (biomarker discovery, precision medicine, diagnostics, drug discovery, and differential gene expression), by end user (academics and research institutes, pharmaceuticals industry, biopharmaceuticals industry, government agencies, and hospitals & clinics), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
Geographically, the global NGS informatics market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa with a further analysis of major countries in these regions. North America accounted for the major share in the global NGS informatics market in 2016, followed by Europe, and Asia-Pacific. The major share of the North American region is mainly attributed to the increasing demand for clinical information technology, various government initiatives, and promotion of next generation sequencing by various research laboratories and academicians. In addition, the presence of many bioinformatics players in this market further improves the product accessibility which propels the growth of the market. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at a fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to increasing population, rising rate of diseases, and various government initiatives for the genomic research for understanding the complex biological process and genetic mutation present in life threatening diseases.
The geographical analysis provides detailed insights on the key trends of the industry in the listed regions & countries, identifying the demographic & economic impact, government & private investments, market opportunities and forecast, and regulatory scenario. The geographical analysis section also comments on the key market players shaping the growth of the industry in the respective countries.
The report includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments adopted by leading market participants in the industry over the past 3 years (2014-2017). The study has also incorporated the detailed profiles of 23 top market players, including detailed financial performance, strategic focus, business overviews, and product offerings of each player. The key players in the global NGS informatics market are Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Qiagen N.V. (The Netherlands), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (U.S.), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.), BIOVIA (Dassault Syst?mes) (U.S.), Amazon Web Services LLC (U.S.), International Business Machines Corporation (U.S.), GENEWIZ, Inc.(U.S.), Beijing Genomics Institute (BGI) (China), BioTeam Inc. (U.S.), Biomatters Ltd. (New Zealand), DNAnexus, Inc. (U.S.), DNASTAR, Inc. (U.S.), Eagle Genomics (U.K.), Edge Biosystems (U.S.), Genomatix AG (Germany), Partek Incorporated (U.S.), PierianDx, Inc. (U.S.), Real Time Genomics, Inc. (New Zealand), SoftGenetics, LLC (U.S.), and Sapio Sciences (U.S.).
Key questions answered in the report-
Growing genomics research in academic and research institutes and outsourcing of genome testing in biopharmaceutical industry to drive the adoption of NGS informatics tools
- How does the penetration of NGS informatics in biopharmaceutical industry differ from the penetration in academics and research institutes?
- What impact does this have on the adoption of NGS informatics tools and solutions in comparison to other conventional technology for data analysis and storage process?
Differential gene expression account for a relatively small proportion of all applications of NGS informatics globally
- What factors contribute to the infrequent usage of NGS informatics for differential gene expression?
- Conversely, which geographic segment is expected to experience the fastest growth for differential gene expression?
The North American NGS informatics market favors both larger and local manufacturers that compete in multiple segments
- What are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- What is driving growth and which market segments have the most potential for revenue expansion over the forecast period?
- What strategies should new companies looking to enter this market use to compete effectively?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent new product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, and expansions have taken place in the NGS informatics space.
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the NGS informatics space?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global NGS informatics market and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the local emerging players in the global NGS informatics market and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the Report
Market by Product & Services
- NGS Informatics Services
- Data Analysis and Management Tools
- Primary and Secondary Data Analysis Tools
- Data Interpretation and Reporting Tools
Market by Function
- Biological Interpretation
- Experimental Design
- Data Management
- Primary Analysis
Market by Application
- Biomarker Discovery
- Precision Medicine
- Drug Discovery
- Differential Gene Expression
Market by End User
- Academics and Research Institutes
- Biopharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Government Agencies
- Hospitals & Clinics
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa