Fibre optics is the technology used to transmit information through very fine glass or plastic optical fibres from one source to another. The information is transmitted through the optical cables as rapid pulses of light. The receiving end of a fibre optic transmission translates the light pulses into binary values. Fibre optics have advantages such as increased bandwidth; electromagnetic interference immunity; decreased cost, size, and weight; low attenuation rate; electrical isolation; and data security.
Fibre optics are mostly used in various communications applications such as telecoms, premises, utility, CATV, military, and industrial. Fibre optics are also employed in non-communications applications such as sensors and fibre optic lighting. Fibre optics-based sensors are used for measuring physical quantities such as temperature and pressure in industrial applications. Optical sensors are used for detecting faults and failures during industrial operations.
The key player assesses that the global fibre optic market will reach $3.3bn in 2017 and the demand for fibre optics is expected to witness a high growth during the forecast period. The increasing demand for internet and growing FTTx are driving the market. Increasing internet applications such as video streaming, over-the-top (OTT) content, and the Internet of Things (loT) have resulted in demand for higher bandwidth. Advances in technology to improve bandwidth and lower the attenuation rate have created opportunities in the fibre optics market.
This fibre optic report keeps you informed and ahead of your competitors. Gain that competitive advantage.
This report answers questions such as:
• What are the prospects for the overall fibre optic industry?
• How is the fibre optic supply chain structured?
• Who are the key players in the fibre optic industry?
• What are the demand and supply dynamics underpinning the fibre optic sector?
• How consolidated is the sector amongst the fibre optic industry players?
5 Reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1) The report provides detailed profiles of the leading fibre optic companies
- Optical Cable Corporation (OCC)
- Fujikura Limited
- Sterlite Technologies Limited
- Corning Inc.
- Prysmian Spa
- Yangtze Optical Fibre and Cable Co. Ltd.
- Finolex Cable Limited
- China Telecom Corp Ltd.
- Alaska Communications
2) Our overview also forecasts fibre optic technologies by type to 2027
- Single Mode
- Multi Mode
3) Our study also forecasts fibre optic technologies by fibre type to 2027
4) Our analysis also forecasts fibre optic technologies by Industry vertical to 2027
- Telecoms & Broadband
- Private Data Network
- Fibre Lighting
5) The study reveals where the opportunities are in fibre optic technologies to 2027. We show you the prospects for the following regions:
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Europe
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- Rest of Latin America
This independent 170 page report guarantees you are better informed than your competitors. With 164 tables and figures examining the fibre optic market space, the report gives you an immediate, one-stop breakdown of your market.as well as analysis to 2027 keeping your knowledge that one step ahead of your rivals.
Who should read this report?
• Fibre optic companies
• Telecommunications companies
• Internet service providers (ISP)
• Utility companies
• Infrastructure companies
• Broadband companies
• Energy companies
• Defence companies
• Security companies
• Electronics companies
• Component suppliers
• Technological solution providers
• Market analysts
• Business development managers
• Marketing managers
• Government agencies
• Industry associations