“The global thawing system market projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.6% during the forecast period.”
The thawing system market is expected to reach USD 252.7 million by 2022 from USD 139.6 million in 2017, at a CAGR of 12.6%. Factors driving the growth of this market include rising use of thawed cells in the study and treatment of diabetes and cancer and growing number of road accidents, emergencies, and trauma cases necessitating blood transfusions and cryopreserved blood products. On the other hand, the high cost of automation is expected to limit market growth in the coming years. Issues related to biospecimen sample procurement are also expected to challenge market growth to a certain extent.
“The automated devices segment is anticipated to grow at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.”
By type, the thawing system market is categorized into manual devices and automated devices. The automated devices segment is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. Advanced applications of automated thawing devices compared to manual defreezing devices is a key factor driving the growth of this market.
“The blood banks and transfusion centers segment is estimated to grow at a rapid rate during the analysis period.”
By end user, the thawing system market is segmented into blood banks and transfusion centers; hospitals and diagnostics laboratories; cord blood and stem cell banks; research and academic institutes; biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies; and tissue banks. The blood banks and transfusion centers segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period. Increasing number of blood banks and rising burden of chronic diseases which requires blood transfusion are driving the growth of this segment.
“Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period.”
Geographically, the thawing system market is expected to be dominated by North America, followed by Europe, in 2017. Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the fastest rate which can be attributed to the developing healthcare infrastructure, rising burden of cancer, and increasing initiatives to promote blood donations.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 – 60%, Tier 2 – 20% and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C-level – 40%, Director-level – 20%, Others – 40%
- By Region – North America – 40%, Europe – 20%, Asia Pacific– 40%
The key players in the thawing system market include Helmer Scientific (US), Sarstedt (Germany), Boekel Scientific (US), BioCision (US), Cardinal Health (US), Barkey (Germany), Sartorius (Germany), Thermo Fisher Scientific (US), GE Healthcare (US) and CytoTherm (US).
The report analyses the thawing system market by type, sample type, end user, and region. Apart from a comprehensive geographic product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles include the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output in order to remain successful in the market.
Key benefits of buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help these firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the thawing system market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the thawing system market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the thawing system market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various sample thawing devices across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the thawing system market