Global CGM market is forecast to cross more than US$ 4 Billion by 2024. Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems are the most recent innovation in diabetes management. In Contrast, to traditional systems that allow for one time check of glucose levels, a CGM device notifies the user if the glucose level nears current levels. The device measures glucose from the tissues as contrasting to manual testing of blood by a finger-stick glucose meter assists in recognizing glucose levels for a longer period, while performing dissimilar activities.
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) says that the worldwide diabetic population in 2015 was 415 million and is likely to reach 642 million by 2040. Rising awareness about CGM devices between the diabetic populations is probable to be the main factor driving demand for the device in the coming years. Additionally, patients are gradually more inclined towards real-time health monitoring, which is possible through CGM systems. Alternatively, calibration issues and high prices of devices are key obstacles that can slow up market expansion. Accordingly, Industries need to bounce back upon the accuracy of the device, which in turn would encourage healthcare professionals to recommend the use of CGM devices among diabetic populations.
The report studies the CGM market and it has been divided into 2 components i.e. Glucose Sensors and CGM transmitters. Transmitters & receivers along with sensors are known as standalone CGM systems, which are preinstalled by the manufacturer. Sensors are disposable items, which is replaced every 5to7 days.
United States leads the CGM Market Globally
CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor) is extremely relevant to almost all age groups to manage diabetes efficiently and effectively. The United States controls the global CGM Market. In Europe Germany and France, CGM market has grown to a noticeable strength. According to many experts, CGM is the best device for proper diabetes management for those having severe diabetes complications occurred periodically.
Countries Specific CGM Reimbursement
In many countries reimbursement policies of CGM devices is still in its early stages. But its policy is present in all the countries we have studied in the report. At the time of writing this report CGM is being reimbursed for pediatric, gestational diabetes and Type 1 diabetes patients in some countries and it is expected that it will be accessible to all diabetes patients in due course of time.
Renub Research latest study “Global CGM Market, Users, Reimbursement Policy, CGM Components (Glucose Sensor, Transmitter) Market, Diabetes (Type1 & 2) Population, & Forecast” provides a detailed and comprehensive insight of the Global CGM Market. This 187 page report with 163 Figures and 4 Tables studies the Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) market from 3 view points:
- CGM Market
- CGM Users
- CGM Reimbursements Policy
Scope of the Report
- CGM Market & Forecast: We have defined CGM market of 11 countries. Market data from 2010 to 2016 and Forecast from 2017 to 2024
- CGM Users & Forecast: We have defined CGM number of Users of 11 countries. Market data from 2010 to 2016 and Forecast from 2017 to 2024
- Reimbursement Policy: Report provides Reimbursement Policy on CGM for 11 countries individually along with global CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) reimbursement model
- Diabetes Population: Report covers 11 Countries Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Population Numbers and Forecast
- Growth Factors for CGM: This topic studies the factor which is helping the CGM industry to grow.
- Challenges for CGM: This industry shows the problems being faced by the CGM technology
1. United States
10. United Kingdom
Key Questions Answered in the Report?
- What is the Global CGM Market & its growth forecast?
- What are the Global CGM Users & its growth forecast?
- What is the CGM market & forecast in 11 countries globally?
- What is the CGM users & forecast in 11 countries globally?
- What is the CGM reimbursement policy in each of these 11 countries?