“Increase in demand for emission reduction and fuel economy in vehicles to upsurge the demand for gasoline direct injection (GDI) systems in the automotive industry”
The gasoline direct injection (GDI) system market for automotive is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.94% from 2017 to 2025, to reach USD 11.28 billion by 2025 from USD 5.29 billion in 2017. The growth of the GDI system market is driven by CO2 reduction targets, cost-effectiveness over other injection technologies, and trend of engine downsizing without sacrificing the engine power.
On the other hand, the major factors hindering the growth of the GDI system market are the high cost of GDI system as compared to other injection technologies like port fuel injection.
“Sensors market is estimated to show the fastest growth and is expected to dominate the GDI system market, by components”
The market for sensors is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period from 2017 to 2025. Sensors are used to increase the efficiency of the vehicle. The number of sensors used in an engine is dependent on the engine size. Bigger engines such as V6 and V8 have more sensors than the I3 and I4 engines. In the near future, the number of sensors used in I3 and I4 engines is likely to increase owing to the trend of engine downsizing, increasing use of a turbocharger, and emission targets given by the government.
“By vehicle type, hatchback is estimated to have the largest share of GDI system market”
The hatchback market is projected to have the largest share, by value, of the GDI system market, by vehicle type. The number of hatchback vehicles equipped with GDI system is growing owing to increased engine power, fuel efficiency, low cost, and convenience for city ride. Regions like Asia Oceania will have a huge impact on the hatchback market. Consumers in this region prefer low-cost vehicles.
“Asia Oceania and North America to dominate the market growth”
Asia Oceania and North America are estimated to dominate the GDI system market for automotive during the forecast period. While Asia Oceania is estimated to be the fastest growing market, North America is estimated to be the largest market, by value, for GDI system during the forecast period. The growth of GDI system market in Asia Oceania can be attributed to the increased focus on fuel economy, reduction in CO2 emissions, and increasing demand for high-performance vehicles. On the other hand, the market growth in North America can be attributed to advanced state-of-the-art technology, the trend of engine downsizing without losing the engine performance, and strict emissions norms that ultimately increase the application of GDI system in vehicles.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type – Tier-1 - 60%, Tier-2 - 10%, and OEMs-30%
- By Designation ? C level - 25%, D level – 60%, Other- 15%
- By Region ? North America - 40%, Europe -30 %, Asia Oceania – 25%, and RoW – 5%
The key companies profiled in the study are Denso (Japan), Delphi (UK), Robert Bosch (Germany), Continental (Germany), Magneti Marelli (Italy), Stanadyne (US), Keihin (Japan), Park-Ohio (US), Hitachi (Japan), and Renesas (Japan).
The GDI system market for automotive is segmented by engine type (I3, I4, V6, V8, and Others), component (fuel injector, ECU, sensors, fuel rail, and pump), hybrid vehicle type (HEV and PHEV), and passenger car type (hatchback, sedan, SUV/MPV, pickup truck, and coupe). The report also offers market sizing and forecast of supporting technologies (turbocharger and GPF) by region (Asia Oceania, Europe, North America, and RoW).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Size: The report gives in-depth market sizing and forecast up to five years with third level segmentation.
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for GDI system across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report gives detailed insights into R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the GDI system market.
- Market Diversification: The report offers detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the GDI system market.
- Company profiles: The report provides detailed information and in-depth analysis of key players of GDI system based on their business strategy excellence and strength of product portfolio.
- Supplier analysis: The report gives a brief analysis of Who Supplies Whom data for key GDI system manufacturers and their clients (OEM).