"Cybersecurity in Retail", report discusses the cybersecurity challenges faced by retailers and analyzes the latest technology trends including artificial intelligence and biometrics for security. Recommendations are provided for ICT vendors and retailers regarding different strategic approaches and retail-specific IT security solutions.
Cybersecurity is on top of retail decision-makers’ agenda as various forms of attacks such as malware, phishing and denial-of-service are on the rise.
- ICT vendors need to consider retail-specific security challenges since retailers’ IT infrastructure differs from other verticals in the form of retail-specific hardware and software usage, such as PoS, beacons, eCommerce and supply chain management systems.
- Data flows from external sources need to be considered. Retailers share large data volumes with customers, suppliers and partners, which increases their vulnerability since any connected systems used by third parties provide a route into retailers’ networks.
- Insider threats form a major risk and require strong governance and access monitoring. Access to systems and data needs to be restricted to staff that relies on them for their work, and any actions tracked.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a deeper insight into cybersecurity challenges and solutions in retail.
- Understand how retailers’ IT environments require specific security measures considering data flows, IoT devices and store setups.
- Useful advice is provided for ICT vendors as well as retailers regarding the choice of the right cybersecurity strategy and specific offerings that resonate well with retailers.