Greek Hot Drinks Sector accounted for a volume share of less than 0.5% of the global market and around 1.8% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at around US$600 million in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of about 2.5% during 2016-2021. Growth in the sector is driven by a strong coffee culture in the country. Per capita consumption of Hot Drinks stood at around 3.7kg.
Hot Coffee was the largest category with value sales of almost US$600 million in 2016. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 2.5% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while Hot Tea and Other Hot Drinks are expected to record CAGRs of about 2% and 3%, respectively.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for a leading share in the distribution of Hot Drinks in Greece. It accounted for more than 50% share in 2016. On-trade transactions held almost quarter of value share in the same year. It was followed by Convenience with about 14% share. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Greek Hot Drinks Sector. In 2016, it accounted for a share of almost 40%, followed by Glass and Rigid Metal with shares of around 25% and 18% respectively.
Nescaf? is the leading brand in the Greek Hot Drinks Sector. It held a value share of almost 40% in 2016, while the top five brands in the sector accounted for a combined share of just over 70% in the same year. The consumption of Hot Drinks is marginally high among the male population compared to females, in Greece. Moreover, consumption is particularly high among those consumers who have received Upper Secondary education. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers accounted for around 41% share in 2016.
The report "Country Profile: Hot Drinks Sector in Greece", provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Hot Coffee, Hot Tea and Other Hot drinks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Carton, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Bottle, Jar and Stand Up Pouch
Companies mentioned in this report: Luigi Lavazza, Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, Melitta Group, illycaff? spa, DE MASTER BLENDERS 1753 NV, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Kraft Foods, Mondelez International, Inc, Nestle, Sara Lee Corporation, Agricola Himalaya Ltda, Associated British Foods Plc, Evripos, Herbalife International, Inc., Tsirmpas H. Co Partnership, Unilever, Cadbury Plc, ION S.A., Vivartia, Yiotis SA
- The Hot Drinks sector in Greece accounted for 1.78% volume share in the Western European region, in 2016
- The per capita consumption of Hot Drinks is higher in Greece compared to the global level
- Hot Coffee is the largest market in both value and volume terms in the Greek Hot Drinks sector
- The Other Hot Drinks market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption of Hot Coffee is higher compared to Hot Tea and Other Hot Drinks in Greece
- Nescaf? leads the Greek Hot Drinks sector in value and volume terms.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Hot Drinks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the sector that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.