Global artificial casings market is expected to reach USD 3,955.7 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
Global artificial casings market is mainly driven by the increase in the global population and subsequent rise in the meat consumption and production, accelerating investments from leading players, increasing preference to artificial casings by sausage manufacturers, casings manufacturers’ shift from natural casings to artificial casings due to operational challenges, and rising number of food restaurant chains. In addition, emerging economics such as Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Africa provides significant opportunities to the artificial casings manufacturers. However, consumer preference to natural casings over artificial casings restricts growth of this market to some extent.
The global artificial casings market is mainly segmented by type (collagen casings, cellulose casings, plastic casings, fibrous casings, value added casings, textile casings, and net casings), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
In case of artificial casing types, the collagen casings commanded the largest share in the global artificial casings market in 2016. The cost to produce sausages in collagen is significantly lower than making sausages in gut because of higher production speeds and lower labor requirements. This is the key reason behind the largest share of this segment.
Geographically, North America accounted for the largest share in the global artificial casings market in 2016, followed by Europe, and Asia-Pacific. The largest share of this region is mainly attributed to well established food and beverage industry, huge consumption of sausage and processed meat products, and increasing number of fast food restaurant chains. However, Asia Pacific market is expected to witness a rapid growth during the forecast period. The growth of this region is mainly attributed to rapidly increasing population and urbanization, growing popularity of western-style sausages, growing meat processing industry, and rising expenditure pattern.
The key players in the global artificial casings market are Viscofan SA (Spain), Devro PLC (U.K.), Selo (The Netherlands), Shenguan Holdings (Group) Limited (China), DAT-Schaub Group (Denmark), ViskoTeepak (Finland), FIBRAN, S.A. (Spain), Viskase Companies, Inc. (U.S.), Innovia Films Limited (U.K.), Colpak (South Africa), Nippi, Inc. (Japan), FABIOS S.A. (Poland), Nitta Casings Inc. (U.S.), Kalle GmbH (Germany), Oversea Casing Company LLC. (U.S.), and DeWied International Inc. (U.S.).
Scope of the Report:
Market by Product Type
- Collagen Casings
- Cellulose Casings
- Plastic Casings
- Fibrous Casings
- Value Added Casings
- Textile Casings
- Net Casings
Market by Geography
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of type, application, and regions/countries?
- What is the historical market for artificial casings across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, opportunities, and challenges in the global artificial casings market?
- Who are the major players in the global artificial casings market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global artificial casings market?
- What are the recent developments in the global artificial casings market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global artificial casings market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global artificial casings market and how do they compete with the global players?