With the emergence of several new software in the category of design/modeling, data preparation, simulation and machine control (which includes slicing software), there is a wide range of opportunities arriving in the 3D printing industry to design and implement various 3D printed objects. The global 3D printing software and services market is estimated to register a CAGR of 25.2% between 2017 and 2021. This growth in the market is attributed to the increasing demand from various end use application verticals such as healthcare industry, consumer industry, automotive industry, fashion & aesthetics industry, aerospace & defense industry, education industry and architecture industry, among others. Manufacturers, designers, artisans and individuals are harnessing the cutting-edge technology of 3D printing and mass production to create objects for numerous applications. 3D printing companies have responded with a range of online 3D printing services that offer technologies catering to a wide range of uses. Their ultimate goal is to help the clients utilize the technology without investing substantial time and money into researching 3D design principals and 3D printing technologies for a particular business.
While most of the consumer 3D printers can be purchased for $1000 or less, the cost of commercial 3D printers that offer the precision and build quality that many businesses need, can be as high as thousands of dollars. Hence, the current trend that is trailing in the 3D printing industry is that many of the small businesses are opting for 3D printing services, wherein they upload the design they need, and get the 3D printed products constructed by a 3D printing service provider (that already has a 3D printer) at a substantially low cost. In other words, service bureaus that 3D print objects on demand provide a way for smaller companies to rapidly prototype without having to invest large sums up front. Currently, most of the companies are providing print on demand services for various applications like rapid prototyping, concept modeling, and the creation of custom parts. The consumer base in this category includes hobbyists, academic institutions, research institutions etc.
The report is a compilation of different segments of global 3D printing software and services market including market breakdown by software type, service type, service by material used, service by technology, service by application, service by end use industry and geographical location. It also includes sections on competitive insights and market dynamics. Herein, the revenue generated from software and services is tracked to calculate the market size. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a comprehensive section of the application areas of the 3D printing software and services market. It also details the key participants involved in the industry.
The report answers the following questions about the global 3D printing software and services market:
- What is the global market size of 3D printing software and services market?
- What is the market size of different types of software used in 3D printing? What is the market size of different types of 3DP services?
- What are the different application areas where 3D printing service is the most employed in? What is the market size of 3DP services used in different applications? Which application will lead the global 3D printing service market by the end of forecast period?
- What are the different factors driving and challenging the global 3DP software and services market in the forecast period?
- What are the different opportunities to look for investment in the global 3DP software and services market?
- Who are the leading players in the global 3DP software and services market? What are the key strategies they have followed to expand their market in 3DP software and service business?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the established and naive participants to make a mark in the industry?
- Which region will lead the global 3DP software and service market by the end of forecast period? Also, which country in that specific region will have the largest and smallest market share by value and volume in the forecast period?
- Which region and country are the most favorable for growth and investment in the global 3DP software and service market?
- What is the market share of the leading players in the global 3DP service market?
The report puts special emphasis on the market share and size of automotive, consumer industry and medical sector owing to their large scale share in the current and upcoming market of 3D printing software and service. The industry analysis has also been done to examine the impact of various factors and understand the overall attractiveness of the industry.
The most often used strategies for developing a better hold on the market have been partnerships, agreements and collaborations, product launches and developments, business expansions, followed by mergers & acquisitions, among others. The company profile section includes significant information about the key companies involved along with their financials, financial summaries and key strategies & developmental activities in the recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the regional split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), South America and Middle East & Africa. Each region details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. Some of the key players constituting the 3DP software and services market include Stratasys, 3D Systems, Dassault Systemes, Autodesk, Siemens, Materialise NV, Prodways, Voxeljet, Exone, Protolabs, PTC, GPI Prototyping and Manufacturing Services, Organovo, Citim GmbH, Digital Mechanics Sweden AB, Shapeways, Doob Group, Sculpteo, Pixologic, MadeInSpace, Imaginarium and Trimble.