The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Adding Value Through Packaging: Prepared Meals", explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the prepared meals category, using examples from GlobalData’s Pack-Track innovation tool. Your key questions answered: What drives packaging innovations in prepared meals? What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the prepared meals category in recent years? Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on? How can prepared meals manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
Prepared meals is a very popular and constantly developing category of products, open to all sorts of innovations. Convenient new packaging solutions and formats that facilitate quick preparation are broadly applied. The increasing number of single-person households as well as rising ecological awareness are influencing the way manufacturers look at packaging.
- Current consumer needs and trends include rising ecological awareness and the growing necessity to be on the move.
- Recyclable, compostable, or biodegradable packaging materials and easily separable pack components are clearly on the rise.
- In-pack meal preparation solutions, hassle-free cooking, dispensing and consumption in almost any conditions are important to many consumers.
- Smaller packaging sizes are being introduced due to a growing number of single-person households. Added functionalities, such as solutions for handling hot products, are also noticeable.
Reasons To Buy
- Use GlobalData’s Added Value Through Packaging reports to inspire innovation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Appreciate the importance of the sensory element of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.