Global Glyphosate Market is expected to reach USD 10,675.9 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
Global glyphosate market is mainly driven by the growing need to increase crop yield and quality, reduction of arable land, emergence of advanced agricultural practices and technologies, and increasing crop yield losses due to weeds. However, environmental and human hazards with the use of glyphosate herbicides, growing organic farming and demand for organic food, and the stringent government laws and regulations hampers the growth of this market to some extent.
The global glyphosate market is mainly segmented by formulation (liquid form and solid form), by application (spraying, dusting, soil treatment, and others), by crop type (cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetable, turf & ornamentals, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
In case of crop type, cereals & grains commanded the largest share in the global glyphosate market in 2016, owing to the large production of cereal & grain crops across the globe and increasing adoption by farmers to control the yield losses due to weeds.
Geographically, the global glyphosate market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. These regions are further analyzed at a country level with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis. Latin America accounted for the largest share in the global glyphosate market in 2016, followed by Asia-Pacific, and Europe. The major share of the Latin American region is mainly attributed to the large arable land, increasing demand for crop yield & efficiency, adoption of new farming practices, and increasing crop yield losses due to weeds. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at a fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to large area under agriculture cultivation, and rising need to ensure the food safety for its continuously growing population.
The key players in the globalglyphosate market are Bayer CropScience AG, BASF SE, Syngenta (Subsidiary of ChemChina), FMC corporation, Monsanto Company (Part of Bayer), E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Nufarm Limited, Drexel Chemical Company, Arysta LifeScience Corporation (Platform Specialty Products), ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Part of ChemChina), UPL Limited, and Heranba Industries Ltd.
Scope of the Report
Market by Formulation
Market by Application
- Soil Treatment
Market by Crop Type
- Cereals & Grains
- Oilseeds & Pulses
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Turf & Ornamentals
- Other Crops
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of formulation, application, crop type, and regions/countries?
- What is the historical market for glyphosate across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, opportunities, and trends in the global glyphosate market?
- Who are the major players in the global glyphosate market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the recent developments in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global glyphosate market and how do they compete with the global players?