“Increase in demand for green vehicles, overall vehicle weight reduction, and tailpipe emissions reduction to upsurge the demand for smart e-drive systems in the automotive industry”
The smart e-drive market for automotive is projected to grow at a CAGR of 32.00% from 2017 to 2022, to reach USD 1,468.2 million by 2022. The demand for an increase in vehicle space is projected to fuel the demand for advanced technologies such as e-wheel drive system.
On the other hand, the major factors hindering the growth of the smart e-drive market in vehicles are the high cost of smart e-drive systems/module and lack of charging infrastructure.
“All wheel drive market is estimated to show the fastest growth and is expected to dominate the smart e-drive market, by drive type”
The market for all-wheel drive (AWD) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period from 2017 to 2022. In the near future, the market for all-wheel drive is projected to show the fastest growth as it combines advantages of FWD and RWD. Increasing need for better acceleration, traction, and towing capabilities in vehicles has propelled the growth of SUVs and MUVs, which come with AWD drivetrain globally. Due to the increasing use of electric and hybrid SUVs and MUVs, the market for AWD will dominate the market of smart e-drive by drive type.
“By application, E-axle is estimated to have the largest share in smart e-drive market”
The e-axle market is projected to be the largest segment of the smart e-drive market, by application. The growth of e-axle can be attributed to increasing focus on vehicle electrification, increase in fuel economy, and overall vehicle efficiency in passenger cars in North America and Europe. The use of electric drive axles will reduce interfaces and bearings, which would, in turn, result in better performance, less use of energy, and reduced noise. Hybrid and electric vehicles will also drive the growth of electric axle market in the near future.
“Europe and North America to dominate the market growth”
Europe and North America are estimated to dominate the smart e-drive market for automotive during the forecast period. While Europe is estimated to be the fastest growing market, North America is estimated to be the largest market during the forecast period. In Europe, the growth of smart e-drive has been observed owing to strict government norms on emissions, the presence of tier-1 and OEMs, and rapid development of charging infrastructure, which have boosted the application of smart e-drive market. On the other hand, the market growth in North America can be attributed to advanced state-of-the-art technology, vehicle weight reduction, and increasing demand for green vehicles, which ultimately increases the application of smart e-drive.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts.
The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type – Tier-1 - 70%, Tier-2 - 20%, and OEMs- 10%
- By Designation C level - 25 %, Manager level – 60%, Other- 15%
- By Region North America - 30%, Europe - 20%, Asia Oceania – 35%, and RoW – 15%
The key companies profiled in the study are Siemens (Germany), Hitachi (Japan), Robert Bosch (Germany), Continental (Germany), ZF Friedrichshafen (Germany), Hyundai Mobis (South Korea), AISIN SEIKI (Japan), Magna (Canada), Schaeffler (Germany), MAHLE (Germany), GKN (UK), BorgWarner (US), Infineon (Germany), Dana (US), Linamar (Canada), American Axle (US), AVL (Michigan), Punch Powertrain (Belgium), Wrightspeed (US), TM4 (Canada), UQM Technologies (US), Efficient Drivetrains (US), Shanghai Edrive (China), SINOEV (US), and Magnetic Systems (UK).
The global smart e-drive market for automotive is segmented by electric vehicle type and country (BEV, HEV, PHEV), components (battery, E-brake boosters, motor, inverter, and power electronics), application (e-axle and wheel drive); and drive type (FWD, RWD, and AWD). The report also offers market sizing and forecast of smart e-drive for commercial vehicles (electric bus and electric truck) and electric two-wheelers (e-bikes, e-cycle, and e-scooter).
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report provides insights with reference to the following points:
- Market Size: The report gives in-depth market sizing and forecast up to five years with third level segmentation.
- Market Development: The report provides comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for smart e-drive across regions.
- Product Development/Innovation: The report gives detailed insights into R&D activities, upcoming technologies, and new product launches in the smart e-drive market.
- Market Diversification: The report offers detailed information about untapped markets, investments, new products, and recent developments in the smart e-drive market.
- Micro Quadrants: The report provides detailed information and in-depth analysis of key players based on their business strategy excellence and strength of product portfolio.
- Supplier analysis: The report gives a brief analysis of Who Supplies Whom data for key smart e-drive manufacturers and their clients (OEM).