Global Food Robotics Market is expected to reach USD 2,159.3 million by 2022 supported by a CAGR of 12.5% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022. The global food robotics market is mainly driven by the increasing food safety regulations, rising demand for advanced food packaging, growing demand to improve productivity, increasing production of low-cost robots, rise in investments for automated solutions in food industry, and growing demand for reducing production cost and increasing food shelf-life leading to increasing adoption of robotic systems. However, lack of skilled workforce in emerging economies restricts the growth of this market. Moreover, high cost of installation and service charges of robotic systems further challenges the growth of this market.
The global food robotics market is mainly segmented by type (articulated, cartesian, parallel, delta, cylindrical, collaborative, and portal robot), by payload (low, medium, and high payload), by application (slicing, packaging, repacking, palletizing and depalletizing, processing, quality inspection, pick and place, logistics, and others), and by industry verticals (dairy and dairy products, bakery and confectionary, brewery and beverages, meat, fish and seafood products; prepared foods, and frozen and chilled foods).
Geographically, the global food robotics market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. These regions are further analysed at a country level with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis. Europe accounted for the major share of the global food robotics market in 2016, followed by North America, and Asia-Pacific. The major share of the European region is mainly attributed to the increasing energy efficiency and reducing production cost with the use of robots, relatively quick high return on investment which allows sustainable and more flexible production line, rising investment for automation in dairy industry, increasing demand for automation in prepared food and meat processing industry, and enhanced competitiveness in the region. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at a fastest CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period, due to increasing demand to improve productivity, emergence of advanced and new robotic technologies, increased production of low-cost robots, increasing food safety regulations, and growing investments in automated systems.
The key players in the global food robotics market are Staubli International AG, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Yaskawa America, Inc., Epson America, Inc., Mayekawa Mfg. Co., Ltd., Bastian Solutions, Inc., Kuka AG, Flexicell, Inc., Fanuc Corporation, Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd., Universal Robotics A/S, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Rethink Robotics, Inc., YRG, Inc., Nachi Robotic Systems, Inc., ABB Group, Omron Adept Technologies, SCHUNK GmbH & Co. KG, DAIHEN Corporation, and Aurotek Corporation.
Scope of the Report
Market by Type
- Articulated Robots
- Parallel Robots
- Cartesian Robots
- Delta Robots
- Collaborative Robots
Market by Payload
- Medium Payload
- High Payload
- low Payload
Market by Application
- Palletizing and Depalletizing
- Packaging and Repacking
- Pick and Place
- Cutting and Slicing
- Quality Inspection
Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Middle-East & Africa
- Latin America
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of robots type, payload, application, industry verticals, and regions/countries?
- What is the historical market for food robotics across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global food robotics market?
- Who are the major players in the global food robotics market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global food robotics market?
- What are the recent developments in the global food robotics market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global food robotics market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global food robotics market and how do they compete with the global players?