The global OLED materials market was valued at $5,932 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $25,731 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 26.3% from 2016 to 2023. Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) is a flat light-emitting technology that is produced by employing thin organic films in between two conductors. OLEDs have gained wide range of acceptance among end users as they are lightweight, brighter, thinner, and provide more power efficiency as compared to LCDs.
Increase in demand for smartphones globally and rise in disposable income of people drive the growth of the global OLED materials market. In addition, growth in demand for OLED materials in the automotive sector is projected to present new opportunities for OLED materials manufacturers in the near future. The rapid change in technology and consumer preferences is anticipated to hamper the adoption of OLED materials in the electronics sector.
The report segments the global OLED materials market based on type, application, end user, and geography. The type segment includes substrates, encapsulation, anode, hole injection layer (HIL), hole transport layer (HTL), electron transport layer (ETL), emissive layer (EML), and cathode. These OLED materials are applicable in television & monitors, smartphones, notebooks & tablets, automotive, and others. Based on end users, the market is classified into residential, commercial, and industrial users. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global OLED materials market till 2023.
Product launch is the key developmental strategy focused on by prominent players in the global OLED materials market to gain significant share.
The key players profiled in the report are as follows:
Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC.
The Dow Chemical Company
Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations in the global OLED materials market.
- In-depth analysis of the industry is conducted through market estimations of key segments from 2017 to 2023.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrain the market growth is provided.
- Extensive analysis of the industry is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- The key players are profiled along with their strategies to determine the competitive outlook of the market.
Television & Monitors
Notebooks & Tablets
By End Users
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific
Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain include the following;
Cambridge Display Technology
Beijing Aglaia Technology Development Co., Ltd.
Borun Chemical Co., Ltd.
Hodogaya Chemical Group
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.