Internet of Things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices and vehicles, providing solutions to various industry verticals such as, automotive, electronics, insurance, manufacturing, and retail. It controls or remotely senses the objects through interconnectivity of devices. It offers various services such as, traffic congestion control system, automotive telematics, and reservation, toll & ticketing systems, security and surveillance system, remote monitoring, and others. It is incorporated in various technologies such as smart homes, smart cities, smart grids, and virtual power plants. IoT is one of the major platforms, which provide applications such as, smart energy management system (SEMS) and smart city.
The global IoT in transportation market has witnessed significant growth in the recent years, and is expected to continue this trend in the near future. Moreover, plummeting cost of connected devices, such as sensors & controllers, assist key players to increase their customer base in the global market. Furthermore, growth in wireless technologies, such as Insteon, Zigbee, and Z-wave, is expected to fuel the market growth. However, data piracy and poor internet infrastructure in the developing and the underdeveloped regions hinder the market growth.
The global IoT in transportation market is segmented based on type, mode of transport, application, and geography. Based on type, it is categorized into hardware, software, and services. Based on mode of transport, it is divided into roadways, railways, airways, and maritime. Based on application, it is classified into traffic congestion control system; automotive telematics; reservation, toll, & ticketing systems; security & surveillance system; remote monitoring; and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global IoT in transportation market include Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T Inc., Garmin International Inc., IBM Corp., Denso Corp., Thales Group, General Electric, Verizon Communications Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., and TomTom N.V.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- In-depth analyses of the global IoT in transportation market and dynamics are provided to understand the market scenario.
- Quantitative analyses of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 are provided to assist strategists and stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the global market and explains about the factors that influence the market entry and expansion.
- A detailed analysis of various regions enables identification of profitable segments for the market players.
- Comprehensive analyses of the trends, sub segments, and key revenue pockets are provided in the report.
- Detailed analyses of the key players operating in the global market and their business strategies are anticipated to assist stakeholders to take informed business decisions.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
BY MODE OF TRANSPORT
Traffic Congestion Control System
Reservation, Toll, & Ticketing Systems
Security & Surveillance System
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia-Pacific
The key players profiled in the report are as follows
Garmin International Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc.