The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
"Kenya: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Kenya over 2019-2024 will be driven by mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will remain the largest revenue contributor until 2020, while mobile data revenue will overtake this from 2021 driven by growing number of active mobile data users and increasing consumer demand for data-heavy mobile services such as OTT and social media content. Going forward, Kenya’s government will focus on extending telecom services to underserved areas and development of national fiber backbone. Mobile operators will focus on offering data centric services and LTE network expansions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Kenya.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to government initiatives, national fiber project, and more.
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Kenya will grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2019-2024.
- Mobile revenue will account for 92.3% of total telecom revenue in 2024, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and 4G services.
- 4G subscriptions will grow relatively fast during 2019-2024, led by ongoing 4G network expansions by MNOs like Safaricom and Telkom Kenya.
- Safaricom will account for 61.7% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2019 led by expansions of the 4G/LTE network. We expect Safaricom to face intense competition following the merger of Airtel Kenya and Telkom Kenya.
Reasons To Buy
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kenya’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kenya’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kenya’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kenya.