The Wine sector in Greece accounted for a volume share of 2.42% of the Western European market in 2016. Still Wine accounted for the largest share in both value and volume terms in the same year, while the Sparkling Wine market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the sector. Kourtaki is the leading brand with top five brands accounted for a volume share of 18.8% in 2016. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Greek Wine sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Wine sector in Greece provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can.
- The Wine sector in Greece is forecast to grow at 1.8% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021 .
- Per capita consumption of Still Wine is higher in Greece compared to other markets .
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the Greek Wine sector.
- Kourtaki accounts for the leading share in the Greek Wine sector.
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Greek Wine sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion