The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The Europe Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul (MRO) distribution market is anticipated to reach USD 109.30 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is anticipated to achieve moderate growth over the forecast period. The requisite of MRO distributors in the region is expected to increase owing to substantial product and service requirements from a wide variety of end-use industries in the region.
Increasing manufacturing and industrialization rates in countries mainly including Belgium, Poland, Norway, Germany, and Sweden are anticipated to augment demand for maintenance repair & operations equipment and service providers. MRO distributors offer various services, such as the delivery of pure parts, service execution coordination, and comprehensive planning.
These industry players perform the additional responsibilities that include coordination of multiple parts & service categories and undertaking responsibilities for equipment provided by them. Distributors of these type of highly integrated MRO products & services take responsibility for manufacturers’ inventory management, existing customer relationship management, and operations personnel & implement IT solutions to monitor the flow of MRO services and products.
The machinery and equipment was the second largest end-use segment in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3% from 2017 to 2025. The equipment used in the European manufacturing sectors have become older with average age reaching historical high. Hence, manufacturers spending on equipment maintenance & repair services is anticipated to increase significantly compared to the other segments. These two segments are estimated to remain in the high penetration and high growth quadrant.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The machine consumable was the largest segment in 2016 with a share of over 30% of the overall market
- External MRO distribution services are expected to be the fastest growing sourcing or service segment
- The rapidly changing business environment in the region has significant impact from time to time in the maintenance, repair, & overhaul supplies industry
- Kron-CIS Gmbh, Wolseley, Wurth Group, Vogel Autohouse GMBH, F.W. Web Company, IPH Group and Hans-Albert F?rber GMBH are few of the major distributors in the industry
- MRO distributors apart from supply of equipment also offer services such as installation & repair, inventory management services, shipping & pricing. The distributor network has a few association bodies in the region such as the EPTDA (European Power Transmission Distribution Association) is an alliance of over 400 independent distributors across the Europe