The global wireless mesh network (WMN) market is expected to reach USD 11.13 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing adoption of the wireless communication medium and the usage of artificial intelligence and IoT has been a major factor driving the global market growth. In addition, the growing opportunities in oil & gas industries and the development of smart cities and infrastructure have led to the increased adoption of WMN.
The wireless mesh network enables citywide public Wi-Fi that in turn improves the delivery of urban services. It is forecasted that wireless devices would account for two-thirds of the IP traffic and almost all households would have broadband services. In cities, WMN could solve the congestion problem with traffic management solutions where traffic data is analyzed and pre-emptive solutions are provided for free-flowing traffic.
The oil & gas segment would be the fastest-growing segment of end-use applications over the forecast period. The education segment would be the lowest-developing segment in wireless mesh network market over the forecast period at a CAGR of 7.2%.
The video surveillance segment is expected to observe the fastest growth over the next eight years with an estimated CAGR of around 10.1%. Wireless mesh network improves coverage, structural flexibility, and multi-hop high-speed short distance transmission capability of video surveillance systems.In addition, it is estimated that the Asia Pacific region will witness an increasing usage of wireless mesh network.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global demand for WMN exceeded USD 5,281.6 million in 2016 and the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period.
- The 2.4 GHz band segment dominated the market in 2016 and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 4.44 billion by 2025.
- The disaster management and rescue operations segment was valued at USD 1,372.9 million in 2016 and is anticipated to witness high growth over the next eight years.
- The smart cities & smart warehouses segment market in WMN was USD 1,087.3 million in 2016 and is estimated to reach USD 2,561.6 million by 2025.
- The Asia Pacific regional market is projected to witness substantial growth over the next eight years owing to the increasing number of smart city projects. The regional market and is expected to attain USD 2,907.1 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.1%.
- Key players including Cisco Systems, Inc., Aruba Networks Inc., Ruckus Wireless, Inc., and Firetide, Inc. dominated the global WMN market in 2016.