The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global aerosol valves market is expected to reach USD 1.87 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 5.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand for aerosol based household cleaners is expected to emerge as a major factor driving growth. In addition, growth in the demand for easy to use products due to widening consumer acceptance is likely to drive growth.
The raw materials required for the product manufacture such as springs, dip tubes, and coatings are procured from low cost suppliers. The industry witnesses the production of highly customized products with the specifications varying with the can design. In addition, the wide availability of raw materials results in a diminished supplier power for the manufacturers.
The industry is characterized by the presence of stringent regulations by agencies, pertaining to the raw material grades and coatings used in the valve systems. However, the industry is expected to witness limited regulations, primarily in Asia Pacific, thereby realizing high growth.
Introduction of innovative products by key FMCG manufacturers such as P&G and Unilever in high potential markets including China and India in light of expansion of the domestic retail markets is expected to promote the usage of such products. This trend is expected to expand the market size over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The demand for aerosol valves for personal care products accounted for 35.8% of the consumption volume in 2016, driven by rising sales of products such as deodorants, hairsprays and shaving creams
- The demand for continuous valves in household segment is expected to register a CAGR of 4.9% by revenue from 2017 to 2025 due to heightened product consumption envisaged by limited human interaction with aerosol cleaners
- The demand other valves including bag-on-valves in the food segment is likely to register a CAGR of 5.8% from 2017 to 2025 due to superior product performance for dispensing food products
- The market in North America accounted for a consumption of 4,682.8 million valves due to high aerosol production in the U.S. The industry is expected to grow in the wake of high adoption levels coupled with increasing penetration levels
- China is estimated to account for an industry revenue of USD 102.4 million in 2016, on account of low cost production coupled with superior economies of scales achieved by the manufacturers in the economy
- Key players including Mitani Valve and Coster Group lay high emphasis on capacity increases in order to gain market share and increase the company revenues