The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The global food coating ingredients market is expected to reach USD 5.52 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing food & beverage industry along with the growing popularity of fast food restaurants across various age groups has been a major factor driving the market growth.
Food coating is a part of food processing activity and is used to improve the product’s structure, taste, and texture. The process involves keeping the product moving while applying the coating ingredient in a specific pattern. These coatings not only help protect the underlying product but enhance the overall appeal and quality of the product.
The accelerating food processing industry is expected to bolster the growth of the product market. Moreover, the drift in the consumption patterns of the consumers and many of them opting for processed food, ready to eat and frozen foods is anticipated to drive the global food coatings market.
The global fast food market is anticipated to grow at a faster pace in the developing economies such as Asia & Africa. Increasing per capita income, fast-paced life coupled with the rising popularity of junk food amongst youngsters is anticipated to boost the market further.
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing market owing to the growing processed food products demand, increasing disposable income and increasing population in this region. Furthermore, Europe is likely to hold around 30% of the market share by 2025.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The global food coating ingredients demand was 4,983.5 kilo tons in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2016 to 2025
- Sugars & Syrups emerged as the largest product segment in 2016 and is projected to generate revenue over USD 1.7 billion by 2025
- Global food coating ingredients demand in confectioneries was valued at USD 0.74 billion in 2016 and is estimated to witness the highest growth over the next few years
- The U.S. food coating ingredients demand in bakery products was 316.2 kilo tons in 2015 and is projected to reach a total volume of over 540 kilo tons by 2025
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant growth over the next few years owing to the growing processed food products demand, increasing disposable income and increasing population in this region. The regional market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2017 to 2025