“The potash fertilizers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.49%.”
The global potash fertilizers market is estimated to be valued at USD 22.83 billion in 2017, and is projected to reach USD 28.45 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 4.49%. The potash fertilizers market is driven by the rise in need for higher productivity using limited land area and increase in applicability of potash fertilizers. There is rising trend toward the consumption of organic food & food products, those which are produced without any synthetic or chemical inputs or with only natural or biofertilizers. This has been considered as one of the restraining factors for the market.
“Potassium chloride segment is projected be the fastest-growing, by type, during the forecast period”
One of the major drivers for the growth of the potassium chloride segment is its high nutrient concentration. The majority of crops fertilized with potassium chloride include field, horticultural, and plantation crops. It also helps to improve fruit color & flavor, increases the size of fruits, reduces the incidences of pests & diseases, and enhances storage & shipping quality. The chloride content of potassium chloride is useful for soil with low chloride content. Chloride improves yield by increasing disease resistance in crops.
“Broadcasting segment is projected be the fastest-growing, by application method, during the forecast period”
The growth of the broadcasting segment can be attributed to the fact that this method is highly used for the application of fertilizers to vegetable crops in comprehensive farm management. Use of potash fertilizers during farming helps the grower to maintain the quality of products, as potash plays a vital role in the improvement of yield. The broadcasting method of application requires fertilizers in much lesser quantities, making it an economical option for large-scale crop producers.
“Asia Pacific is projected be the fastest-growing in the potash fertilizers market during the forecast period”
The Asia Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing from 2017 to 2022, due to the high population in the region leading to increased demand for food grains and growth in awareness among farmers about efficient use of land through fertilizers.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type – Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation – C level – 25%, Directors – 30%, and Others* – 45%
- By Region – North America – 20%, Europe – 25%, Asia Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 10%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
Leading players profiled in this report are as follows:
• Yara International ASA (Norway)
• Agrium Inc. (Canada)
• Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. (Canada)
• EuroChem Group AG (Switzerland)
• The Mosaic Company (U.S.)
• JSC Belaruskali (Belarus)
• HELM AG (Germany)
• Israel Chemicals Ltd.(Israel)
• Sociedad Qu?mica y Minera de Chile (Chile) S.A
• Borealis AG (Austria)
• Sinochem Group (China)
• K+S AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT (Germany)
The potash fertilizers market has been segmented on the basis of type, application method, form, and crop type which are further divided into their subsegments. It has also been segmented on the basis of region into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). In terms of insights, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses?industry analysis, company profiles of top players, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging & high-growth segments of the potash fertilizers market, high-growth regions, countries, drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the global potash fertilizers market
- To gain wide-ranging information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and key strategies adopted by the players
- To gain insights about country- and region-based market trends and growth prospects in the potash fertilizers market