“The global food waste management market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.97%”
The global food waste management market is estimated at USD 31.71 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 42.37 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.97% during the forecast period. The primary factors that drive the market are rise in global food waste, need for reducing greenhouse emissions, and increase in the usage of organic waste for the production of animal feed & fertilizers. One of the major restraining factors includes landfill and incineration techniques causing adverse effects on the environment.
“The fruits & vegetables segment, by waste type, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The fruits & vegetables segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The rate of wastage from fruits & vegetables along with roots and tuber is the highest, due to its high biodegradability. Various processes such as anaerobic co-digestion, biodiesel spraying, combustion, and composting are used to treat the waste. Other than disposal methods, these wastes can be used as feed for livestock.
“The food service providers segment, by end user, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The food service industry includes food waste from hotels and restaurants. The waste generated in the food service industry is due to high consumption of food & beverage products. The scope of food waste management services has increased over time in the food service industry as various systems are being installed & utilized by hotel chains and restaurants involving aerobic and anaerobic digestion processes for recycling food waste.
“The North American region is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
The North American region is projected to hold the largest market by 2022. The region generates a major amount of the total world’s food waste. Growth in this region can be attributed to the various innovations in different processes of food waste management that help to meet the growing demand of the food manufacturers.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 10%; Tier 2 – 25%; Tier 3 – 45%; and Tier 4 – 20%
- By Designation: C Level – 10%; Director Level – 30%, and Others – 60%;
- By Region: North America – 20%, Europe – 15%, Asia Pacific – 45%, South America – 10%, and RoW – 5%
The key players in the food waste management market include:
• Veolia Environnement (France)
• SUEZ (France)
• Waste Management, Inc. (US)
• Republic Services, Inc. (US)
• Stericycle, Inc. (US)
• Covanta Holding Corporation (US)
• Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. (US)
• REMONDIS SE & Co. KG (Germany)
• Waste Connections, Inc. (Canada)
• Clean Harbors, Inc. (US)
• Biffa Group Limited (UK)
• Rumpke Consolidated Companies, Inc. (US)
• Advance Disposable Services, Inc. (US)
The report provides the food waste management market across different segments. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different waste types, processes, applications, end users, and regions. The report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, recent developments, and business strategies.
Key Reasons to buy the Report:
- To get an overview of the global food waste management market
- From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on detailed analyses?industry, market share of top players, and company profiles
- This report also explains high-growth segments of the global food waste management market, its high-growth regions and, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges