The 2017 edition of the report provides a Comprehensive & Insightful Comparative SWOT Framework Analysis and analyzes the Near to Medium Term Strategy Focus for the Top 4 OEMs in the North American Class 6-8 Truck Market amid a challenging & evolving market scenario with the North American truck market making its way out of a cool down phase while technological evolution is poised to transform market landscape altogether over medium term. The North American truck market has been on the correction path with improving order intake, especially for Class 8 trucks, for the first half of 2017 driven by good freight volumes, spot rates & a favorable economic environment. This follows a lackluster 2016 which was marked by double digit demand contraction for heavy trucks with low demand levels and high used truck inventories impacting new registrations.
The demand outlook for 2017, however, seems somewhat weak with market registrations likely to stay at slightly below the 2016 level despite stronger demand recovery projected for the second half of 2017 & improving demand in the Class 8 segment. The North American Class 6-8 Truck market continues to be dominated by Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), led by its flagship Freightliner Cascadia, which has enabled Daimler to continue to lead Class 8 segment with the largest market share consistently. The North American truck market is poised for a major disruption over near term driven with significantly growing interest in & the likely advent of electric trucks over near term with a number of programs being developed by the industry in the prototypes and pilot phases, some of which are likely to enter the market in 2017 itself. Further, fleet operators are likely to be impacted with ELD mandates likely to come into effect in late 2017 while startups continue to disrupt the market with their technological innovations powered solutions for the trucking industry. Overall, the trucking industry is on the verge of a transformation driven by rapid pace of technology development and adoption by the industry with focus on connectivity, safety, autonomous driving and alternate drivetrains which is likely to transform the market landscape altogether over medium term with the likely evolution of new business models & concepts as trucking evolves from being a products to solutions business leveraging technology as the backbone.
Amongst OEMs, Daimler’s introduction of its new & one of the most fuel efficient Cascadia model in early 2017 is aimed at further expanding market share in the Class 8 segment while PACCAR works towards strengthening its technological muscle, Volvo vies to gain deeper market inroads in NAFTA and Navistar carefully enacts the turnaround script. Also, VW’s plans to establish significant presence in North America as part of its underlying growth strategy for its trucks business is likely to alter market dynamics & competitive landscape significantly over medium term.
Against this backdrop, the report provides a comprehensive Comparative SWOT framework analysis on the Top 4 Truck manufacturers in the Class 6-8 Truck market besides analyzing the overall, near term strategy focus across these OEMs. The framework analyzes the Strengths & Weaknesses of the OEMs from a standalone as well as relative perspective based on a comprehensive analysis of their Key, Strategic Business Aspects, which include:
- - Product Portfolio Analysis & its Strategic Positioning
- - Breadth & Depth of Presence across Key Geographic Markets & Regions
- - Analysis of overall Cost Base, Structure & its Management
- - Analysis of Revenue streams, Resource Base & Key Competencies
- - Profitability, Key Profit Sources, Growth & Trend Analysis
- - Capital & Ownership Structure and Financial Strength
- - Key Competitor Analysis across Market Segments & Degree of Competitive Intensity
- - Competitive Market Positioning across Key Global Markets & Market Share
- - Overall Strategy Orientation & Focus, R&D Strategy, Technological Strength & Capabilities
The framework subsequently analyzes & identifies potentially significant, niche growth opportunities & avenues and imminent as well as emerging threats for each key industry OEM based on their strategic product portfolio & market positioning, core strengths & weaknesses and overall strategy focus & orientation against the backdrop of emerging market dynamics & trends. The report analyzes the overall degree of strategic responsiveness of OEMs to external environmental factors, which include, prevailing industry dynamics & emerging industry & market trends, issues, challenges & potential risk factors to assess their ability to be able to derive further business growth by capitalizing on potential growth opportunities effectively while negating threats simultaneously over near to medium term.
Relevance & Usefulness: The report will be useful for analysis and gaining insights into:
- - Inputs for Strategic Planning, Competitive Assessment & Decision-Making Processes
- - Analysis of Core Strengths & Weaknesses for each of the 4 Key Industry Players
- - Analysis of Near-term Strategy Focus and Key Strategies & Plans for the industry players
- - Identification of & Insights into Potential Growth Opportunities & Avenues
- - Analysis of Key & Emerging Market & Technology Trends
- - Analysis of Key Issues, Challenges & Potential Risk Factors
- - Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- - Contingency planning for current Strategies & Programs
- - Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their Overall Dynamics
- - Strategic Perspective on likely Evolution of North American Class 6-8 Truck Market through 2026
- - Near to Medium Term Market Outlook, Inputs on Market Evolution & Demand Growth Projections
The report is essential & a must have for all those with strategic interest & stakes in the North American Class 6-8 Truck Market. The report will be extremely useful for Key Decision-Makers, Program & Procurement Managers, Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies, Suppliers, Vendors, Fleet Operators & Logistics Solutions Providers, Associated Equipment Manufacturers, Technology Solutions Providers, Sales & Distribution Channels, MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain. The report will also be useful for existing & potential Investors, Industry & Company Analysts, M&A Advisory Firms, Strategy & Management Consulting Firms, PE Firms, Venture Capitalists, PR & Advertising Agencies seeking/working on projects, Researchers and all those associated with the industry.
Features, Benefits & Reasons to Procure:-
- -Provides Macro View and Big Picture Quickly
- -Blend of Quantitative & Qualitative Analysis
- -Significant Time Savings
- -Visual Representation
- -Meetings & Presentation Ready Format
- -Superior & Enriched User Experience with Incorporation of Relevant Images