“Adaptive optics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 40.8%”
According to the new market research report on adaptive optics, this market is expected to be worth USD 2,190.9 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 40.8% from 2017 to 2023. The growth of the adaptive optics market can be attributed to the adoption of adaptive optics in ophthalmology and retinal imaging and increased government funding. However, complex designing techniques are hindering the growth of the adaptive optics market.
“Wavefront sensor is expected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2023”
The market for wavefront sensor is expected to witness the highest CAGR from 2017 to 2023. This is mainly because wavefront measurement is required in many optical applications to characterize the profile of optical components or to estimate the aberrations to which the input wavefront has been subjected. Similarly, wavefront sensing can be used in metrology and microscopy. The most widely used wavefront sensor is the Shack-Hartman wavefront sensor.
“Adaptive optics for the military and defense industry held the largest market share in 2016”
The military and defense industry held the largest share of the adaptive optics market compared to other end-user industries in 2016. The adaptive optics are used for the development of state-of-the art defense weapons and highly sophisticated guidance systems. These are also used as a method for improving the effectiveness of direct energy weapons. These factors are expected to drive the growth of the adaptive optics market for the military and defense end-user industry.
“Adaptive optics market in APAC expected to grow at the highest rate”
This report covers the adaptive optics market in Americas, Europe, APAC, and RoW. The growing defense spending from the countries such as China and India and rising professional astronomy in the region is driving the growth of adaptive optics in APAC. Moreover, the industrial and manufacturing industry in APAC is expected to adopt adaptive optics technology in the form of laser cutting and industrial inspection processes, which is likely to further proliferate the growth of adaptive optics in this region.
Breakdown of profiles of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 15%, Tier 2 = 45%, and Tier 3 = 40%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 65%, Managers = 25%, and Others = 10%
- By Region: North America = 25%, Europe = 55%, APAC = 15%, and RoW = 5%
The companies that are profiled in the report are Teledyne e2v (UK) LTD (UK), NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION (US), Thorlabs, Inc. (US), Iris AO, Inc. (US), Adaptica S.r.l. (Italy), Active Optical Systems , LLC (US), Flexible Optical B.V. (Netherlands), Imagine Optic SA (France), Boston Micromachines Corporation (US), and Phasics Corp. (France).
The report describes various hardware components associated with adaptive optics and related developments across different industry verticals and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market across different segments such as component, end-user industry, and geography. Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key players in the market along with their company profiles, competitive leadership mapping, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to various segments along with their respective revenue.
- The major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for the adaptive optics market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for adaptive optics markets based on component, end-user industry, and geography have been provided to give an overall view of the adaptive optics market.
- A detailed competitive landscape has been provided including key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players, along with competitive leadership mapping.