The global nutritional lipids market is poised to grow at a CAGR of 13.1% from 2017 to 2022 to reach USD 7,000.7 million by 2022. This growth is mainly attributed to the increasing need to meet nutritional requirements of an aging population, increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases, changing food landscape, increasing application in infant formulas and dietary supplements, and technological advancements such as microencapsulation. However, finite supply of fish oil and uncertain regulatory environment restricts the growth of the global nutritional lipids market to some extent.
The global nutritional lipids market is mainly segmented by type (Omega-3, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Omega-6, and Others), by Source (Marine and Plants), by Form (Liquid and Solid), by Applications (Dietary Supplements, Infant Formula, Food & Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Animal Feed, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
Asia-Pacific region accounted for the major share of the global nutritional lipids market in 2016, followed by North America, and Europe. The region is also expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. The major share and fast growth of this region are mainly attributed to the abundant availability of raw material, increasing the prevalence of chronic diseases, growing population & urbanization, increasing industrialization, and growing health consciousness & awareness about the health benefits of nutritional lipids.
The key players in the global nutritional lipids market are Koninklijke DSM N.V., Polaris, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Stepan Company, BASF SE, Solutex GC, Smith & Zoon, FMC Corporation, Pharma Marine AS, Croda International Plc, Cargill, Incorporated, Aker BioMarine, Clover Corporation, Omega Protein Corporation, Lonza Group AG, GC Rieber Oils AS, Kerry Inc, and Cellana Inc.
Scope of the Report
Market by Product type:
Market by Product source:
Market by Product form:
Market by Application:
- Dietary Supplements
- Infant Formula
- Food & Beverages
- Animal Feed
Market by Geography:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of World
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Key questions answered in the report-
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of type, source, form, application, and regions/countries?
- What is the historical market for nutritional lipids across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global nutritional lipids market?
- Who are the major players in the global nutritional lipids market and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global nutritional lipids market?
- What are the recent developments in the global nutritional lipids market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global nutritional lipids market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global nutritional lipids market and how do they compete with the global players?