Global Make-Up sector was valued at US$45 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.9% during 2016-2021. North America was the leading region with a value share of 30.4% in 2016, whilst Asia-Pacific is forecast to record the fastest value CAGR of 7.3% during 2016-2021. Improving economy and rising women workforce resulting in increasing purchasing power will remain the major macroeconomic factors driving the sector globally. Growth will primarily be driven by the image-conscious trend, especially among the working women population across all regions.
Share of the global Make-Up sector as a percentage of the overall Cosmetics &Toiletries industry is expected to decrease during 2010-2020, due to the falling consumption levels in Asia-Pacific. However, consumption is set to rise in the North American, Western European, Latin American, and Middle East & African regions during the same period. A total of 50 countries were analyzed based on risk-reward analysis to identify the top four countries by region. The risk-reward analysis is based on multiple metrics, including market size and growth assessment, economic development indicators, socio-demographic factors, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
Global Make-Up sector is highly fragmented with the top four brands - Maybelline, L’Or?al Paris, Avon, and Lanc?me - accounting for a combined value share of 22.9% in 2016. L’Or?al S.A. emerged as the leading player, owning three of the top four brands in 2016. The overall share of private label products in the global Make-Up sector increased from 2.6% in 2011 to 2.7% in 2016. This growth can be attributed to changing consumer perceptions regarding private label products. Western Europe held the highest value share for private label Make-Up accounting for 6% of total sales in 2016, followed by North America with a value share of 2.2%.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel for the global Make-Up sector, with a value share of 27.8% in 2016, followed by Department Stores with a 20.5% share. While the Hypermarkets & Supermarkets distribution channel dominated in Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Western Europe, and Latin America in 2016, the Department Stores channel held the highest share in North America and Health & Beauty Stores dominated the Eastern Europe region during the same year.
The report "Opportunities in the Global Make-Up Sector", provide a comprehensive overview of the global Make-Up sector as part of our global series. It includes an analysis on global Make-Up sector with consumption analysis highlighted for all regions.
In depth, this report provides the following analysis -
- Provides an overview of current sector scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labeling, and packaging. The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- Provides a shift in the consumption of Make-Up as compared to other major sectors such as Skincare and Suncare during 2010-2020 at global and regional level.
- Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries across the regions covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Make-Up sector in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Department Stores, Health & Beauty Stores and Others, which includes Drug stores & Pharmacies, Convenience Stores, eRetailers, “Dollar Stores”, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, and Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs.
Companies mentioned in this report: L`Oreal, Carslan, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Mary Kay, Shiseido Company Limited, Kao, Kose Corporation, Chanel S.A., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., Procter & Gamble, Revlon, Coty, Avon Products, Grupo Boticario, Natura Cosmeticos S A, Risque Cosmetics L.L.C., Jafra Cosmetics International SA, Tupperware Brands Corp, Alliance Boots Gmbh, Cosnova Gmbh, Yves Rocher International, Oriflame Cosmetics S.A.
- The report provides an overview of global and regional markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting sector size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
- It also identifies top ten high potential countries and provides deep dive analysis of top countries in each region.
- The report draws on the sector data by analyzing key distribution channels for Make-Up in the global market.
- Sector data is also used for studying the level of competition in the sector by identifying the top brands at a global and regional level with insights on sector shares of private label products.
Reasons To Buy
- To have a thorough fact based analysis with information about the global Make-Up sector across the six regions in value terms and the underlying factors that are driving the sales
- To gain confidence to make the correct business decisions based on a detailed analysis of the global Make-Up sector and to identify high potential countries over the next 5 years
- The analysts have placed a significant emphasis on the mega trends that drive consumer choice and will provide a clear picture about the future opportunities that can be explored across the regions, resulting in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the Make-Up sector at global and regional level with information about their sector share, business descriptions and product profiles.