“The growing concern over messaging malware threats across the globe is driving the messaging security market”
The messaging security market size is expected to grow from USD 2.64 billion in 2017 to USD 5.50 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15.8%. The market is driven by the increased need for organizations to protect email and web platforms and the confidential information. Similarly, the stringent regulatory compliances enforced by governments across the globe are fueling the growth of messaging security market. However, the factor such as higher cost of messaging security solutions is restraining the growth of the market, as it directly affects the budget allocation of organizations.
“Email mode of communication is expected to have the largest market size in the messaging security market”
The email messaging security is projected to contribute the largest market share during the forecast period. Due to the increased adoption of email services across the globe and the challenges of protecting the sensitive information of users, email communication has become a major point of concern for organizations.
“On-premises deployment is expected to have the largest market size in the messaging security market”
On-premises deployment is expected to hold a larger market size from 2017 to 2022. SMEs, in particular, provides organizations with full control over all platforms, applications, systems, and data, which can be handled and managed by their own IT staff. The government and BFSI sectors are likely to prefer on-premises security because they cannot put national security at risk by losing sensitive data, financial records, accounting information, and money transfers.
“North America is expected to have the largest market size in the messaging security market”
Due to the presence of a large number of messaging security vendors, North America is expected to have the largest market size in the messaging security market; whereas, Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period. Factors, such as increasing adoption of email services due to growing Internet usage, compliance regulation, and increased need for communication security in growing industries are major factors for the adoption of messaging security solutions. Furthermore, the market in developing regions, such as the Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Latin America is expected to grow due to the increasing usage of mobility, cloud computing, expanding retail and banking sector, and government regulatory compliances.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people.
The break-up of the profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company: Tier 1 – 20%, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 35%
- By Designation: C level – 48%, Director level – 37%, and Others – 15%
- By Region: North America – 22%, Europe – 45%, APAC – 26%, and RoW – 7%
- The various key messaging security vendors are McAfee LLC (US), Cisco Systems, Inc. (US), Trend Micro Incorporated (Japan), Symantec Corporation (US), Proofpoint Inc. (US), Forcepoint (US), Microsoft Corporation (US), Sophos Ltd. (UK), Barracuda Networks Inc. (US), F-Secure Corporation (Finland), Trustwave Holdings, Inc. (US), Mimecast Limited (UK), Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Israel), Adaptive Mobile Security Limited (Ireland), GWAVA, Inc. (Canada), GreatHorn, Inc. (US), E-lock (US), Retarus Group (Germany), Clearswift Group (UK), Google Inc. (US), Total Defense Inc. (US), Fortinet, Inc. (US), Panda Security, S.L. (Spain), and SonicWall Inc. (US).
The research covers the messaging security market on the basis of different segments such as solutions, services, modes of communication, deployment modes, and verticals in the geographies of North America, Europe, APAC, MEA, and Latin America. Additionally, it includes the factors that are driving the messaging security market along with the growth opportunities in this market. It also includes the restraining factors and challenges in the growth of messaging security market. Moreover, the report includes detailed company profiles of the key players offering messaging security solutions and services.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the messaging security market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report helps stakeholders to understand the competitors better and gain more insights to improve their positions in the business.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.