Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market is estimated to reach $3,826 million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2016 to 2024. Diabetic nephropathy involves damage of kidney due to the presence of diabetic mellitus. It is a progressive kidney disease majorly caused due to occurrence if persistent proteinuria in diabetic patients. It affects people suffering from type1 and type2 diabetes. Diabetic nephropathy comprises of 5 stages, with the final being end-stage renal disease (ESRD). Patient affected by diabetic nephropathy shows symptoms of weakness, vomiting, leg swelling, high blood pressure, nausea, high albumin secretion in urine, and high level of blood urea nitrogen. Diabetic nephropathy affects around 40% of people suffering from type1 and type2 diabetics. Moreover, it is also capable of increases the chances of cardiovascular mortality. Regular awareness programs are being initiated by various government and NGOs which aids in inculcating the knowledge of preventive measures and treatments among diabetes population.
The global diabetic nephropathy market is driven by rising obesity and diabetes among population, rise in number of people suffering from kidney diseases, growing awareness and rising investments in research and development. Though, longer duration for drug approvals and government regulations may limit the growth in forecasted period. Additionally, rising awareness and demand for combination therapies might provide opportunities for the market.
The global diabetic nephropathy market is classified into mode of treatment and geography. Mode of treatment is bifurcated into drug modifying therapies (renin inhibitors, connective tissue growth factor inhibitor (CTGF), angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), monocyte chemoattractant proteins (MCP) inhibitors, diuretics, G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs), calcium channel blockers (CCBs), antioxidant inflammation modulator (AIM), endothelin-A receptors antagonist (ETAR), and others) and others.
By geography, the market has been bifurcated into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). The U.S., Canada, Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, Japan, India, South Korea, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players in the market include Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, GenKyoTex S.A., Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Mesoblast Ltd., Ampio Pharmaceuticals Inc., Reata Pharmaceuticals, and ChemoCentryx Inc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide a detailed analysis of Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market with respect to major segments such as mode of treatment and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Diabetic Nephropathy s Market from 2015 to 2024 will be included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Diabetic Nephropathy Market
Mode of Treatment Segments
- Drug Modifying Therapies
- ·Renin Inhibitors
- ·Connective Tissue Growth Factor Inhibitor (CTGF)
- ·Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor
- ·Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs)
- ·Monocyte Chemoattractant Proteins (MCP) Inhibitors
- ·G Protein-Coupled Receptors (GPCRs)
- ·Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)
- ·Antioxidant Inflammation Modulator (AIM)
- ·Endothelin-A Receptors Antagonist (ETAR)
- ·Other Drug Modifying Therapies
- Other Mode of Treatments
- North America
- ·South Korea
- ·South America
- ·Middle East