“Bioethanol market to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% (2017-2022)”
The global bioethanol market is projected to reach USD 68.95 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 5.3% between 2017 and 2022. The increased demand for bioethanol in different end-use industries, such as transportation, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, alcoholic beverages, etc., acts as a key driving factor influencing the growth of the global bioethanol market. However, the increase in acceptance of electric vehicle and ban on internal combustion engines affects the bioethanol market growth. Many countries are planning to ban the sale of gasoline and diesel vehicles, which would affect the bioethanol market. This might act as a restraint for the growth of the bioethanol market.
“Transportation end-use industry type segment is expected to be the largest end-use industry during the forecast period”
The transportation end-use industry segment accounted for largest share of the bioethanol market in 2016, in terms of value. The transportation sector accounts for a major share of the worlds CO2 emission. Producing and using bioethanol in fuels can help reduce CO2 emissions significantly. All these factors act as key growth drivers for the usage of bioethanol in the transportation end-use industry segment.
Cellulose-based feedstock type segment is expected to be the fastest-growing type segment during the forecast period
The cellulose-based feedstock segment is expected to be the fastest-growing feedstock type segment in the global bioethanol market during the forecast period, in terms of volume. The cellulose-based bioethanol uses inedible feedstocks such as stems, stalks, agricultural waste, leaves of plants, grass, and wood. These feedstocks are abundant and more sustainable. This, in turn, acts as a key growth driver for the cellulose-based feedstock type segment.
“North America expected to be the largest market for bioethanol”
North America is expected to be the largest market for bioethanol, owing to the high demand for bioethanol from countries such as the US, Canada, and Mexico. The US is estimated to be the largest market for bioethanol in North America, followed by Canada and Mexico. However, Mexico is projected to be the fastest-growing market for bioethanol in this region. The growth of end-use industries such as transportation, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, alcoholic beverages, etc., has led to the increased demand for bioethanol in this region. Increasing government and environment regulations in the region also act as key growth drivers for the bioethanol market.
Extensive primary interviews were conducted to determine and verify the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 37%, and Tier 3 – 13%
- By Designation: C Level – 48%, Director Level – 31%, and Others – 21%
- By Region: North America – 33%, Europe – 28%, Asia Pacific – 21%, South America – 10%, and Middle East & Africa – 8%
The companies profiled in this market research report are Archer Daniels Midland Company (US), POET LLC (US), Green Plains (US), Valero Energy Corporation (US), Flint Hills Resource (US), Abengoa Bioenergy SA (Spain), Royal Dutch Shell plc (Netherlands), Pacific Ethanol, Inc. (US), Petrobras (Brazil), and The Andersons (US).
This research report categorizes the global bioethanol market based on feedstock, end-use industry, blend, and region. The report includes detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the global bioethanol market, such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. A detailed analysis of key industry players has been done to provide insights on business overviews, products & services, key strategies, investments & expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and other recent developments associated with the market.
Reasons To Buy the Report:
The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the global bioethanol market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of market sizes for the overall market and its subsegments across regions.
- The report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will also help stakeholders understand major competitors and gain insights to enhance their competitive positions in the market.
- The competitive landscape section includes major industry players from all the regions contributing to the market.
- The landscape consists of top 24 companies ranked and grouped based on their competency parameters, such as geographical presence, recent strategic developments, and number of employees.